What's new

Too warm, need brightness! (1 Viewer)

Tom_Mack

Stunt Coordinator
I felt that the Denon 3802 was too warm with my Paradigm monitor 7s and cc370 center, but only too warm for movies. The problem with using the tone controls was that the tone controls did not affect the center channel.

John F. Palacio

Supporting Actor
"ok, first of all, i auditioned klipsch ref series back then, and liked the paradigms better. i thoght the klipsch would be harsh over time."
"ok, i get the hint, i'll audition klipsch..."
I am now totally confused by these two quotes by Itai. I respectfully end my contributions on this thread. Good luck guys!

itai

Stunt Coordinator
what?
1 - i currently have paradigms, that i like, but they're missing some brightness.
2 - after using them for 6 months, and having the opertunity
to buy a whole new setup, i'm considering my options.
either stay with digms, or choose something else.
sorry if i wasnt clear enough,
thanks for your inputs, but wheres the problem?

matthew_rm

Second Unit
Real Name
Real name
I don't think they are missing brightness. They are missing upper end detail. klipsch ref sounds great, without hurting your ears. THEY DONT HURT YOU!!!

Andre*C

Agent
Try the kimber pbj interconnects. They are very detailed and some would say even bright. They will make a difference.

David Judah

Screenwriter
I think it has got to be a matter of placement or your speaker wires, because the Paridigms lean towards brightness and although Denons have a reputation of being warmer, the 3802 is brighter than the Denons of previous years.

I think wire can make a difference, because I have experienced the muting of high frequencies with different wire in my own system.

If you want a brighter sounding amp, check out Adcom.

Good luck,

DJ

Bill Lucas

Supporting Actor
Let's try to sort this out.

itai,

What is the room like? What treatments does it have? Where is it carpeted? Is it simply a "dull" room. It doesn't matter how "bright" your speakers, or amps or wire or whatever is...you can't make a dull room live without a substantial investment.

What makes you think bright is good? Shane is correct, cables are different...but...what is accurate? The job of a cable is to neutrally and transparently pass the information from the source. Period! It should not color the sound. Same with amps, speakers, the whole chain. Regards.

itai

Stunt Coordinator
thanks for the advice,
Bill, it's a living room, two couches, table, clean walls, no hanging carpets or pictures.
Now, maybe i'm wrong about the problem, as everybody says paradigms are bright, as i've mentioned, about half sounds good to me, the rest, not revealing enough, or not clear, or forward enough. it's just personal taste i guess, and the sources themselves vary.
on my next upgrade, i'll try some good cables, and a matching amp.
thanx

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
btw, no chance that your subwoofer has a resonance peak in that room of yours is there?

itai

Stunt Coordinator
sorry, Chu, whats a resonance peak?
no i havnt tuned the sys with an spl yet...
the sub does tend to go over the top easily, its on -5 and quit low on its gain.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation482
Recent bookmarks