Too many vitamins?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Noah Gottula, Aug 21, 2003.

1. Noah Gottula

Noah Gottula Stunt Coordinator

I've been taking Centrum A to Zinc daily vitamin. I was wondering if I took more then one a day would it be beneficial to me in any way? Or could it even be worse for me?

2. David Williams

David Williams Cinematographer

Well considering that many of the vitamins and minerals contained within exceed the recommended daily allowance by quite some margin, I would think it would not be advisable to consume more than one a day without consulting your doctor first. [​IMG]

3. David Preston

David Preston Supporting Actor

This is only a guess but your body can only use so much of a vitamin after that it is just a waste. You don't break it down and use it just goes right out of you. I might be wrong but I'm sure someone here knows for sure.

4. NicholasL

NicholasL Second Unit

I don't know for sure, but both my parents are general practitioners, my brother a cardio surgeon, and my uncle an OBGYN, and they all suggest a multivitamin, vitamin C, and a vitamin E to start the day off. But i also live a pretty active lifestyle... I think it's safe though.

5. Angelo.M

Angelo.M Producer

The fat soluble vitamins (A, D, E and K) in very large doses, particular vitamin A, can be harmful. If you take water soluble vitamins in excess, and if you have normal kidney function, you will simply excrete the excess. There would be no benefit to excessive doses of the water soluble vitamins.

6. Todd Hochard

Todd Hochard Cinematographer

7. Steve_Tk

Steve_Tk Cinematographer

If taking 2 were good for you then they would probably just double the ammount in a single tablet and recommend taking one of those every day.