What's new

TOO many lawyers!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Hey, don't blame the lawyers. If I were in their shoes, I'd take whatever money these idiots are spending to get their case thrown out of court way before trial, too.

Robert McDonald

Stunt Coordinator
Probably will be thrown out, but it is hard to tell the real story from the article. Perhaps Florida should adopt the Federal standard that if a lawsuit is totally without merit the plaintiff's attorney is at risk of an award of fees and costs against him/her (as you can surmise I am not a plaintiff's attorney :) )

Although I am not a plaintiff's attorney, remember it is the juries awarding multi-million $$; they set the damages to be awarded, and there are lawyers representing the defendants trying to keep the damages low. Oftentimes the headline grabbing jury awards are reduced by the trial judge or on appeal.

Regarding the $15,000, that is the minimum amount of damages which much be alleged for the Circuit Court to have jurisdiction; otherwise it would be in County Court.

ThomasC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas
Maybe he deserved the A+, but really, what's so bad about being a salutatorian or a historian?

Travis Olson

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Travis Olson
Ran across this little tidbit today about a couple suing ol' Mickey D's because the bagel they ordered was too hard. :rolleyes:What the hell is wrong with people these days?

I merged your thread with this one about the same subject - Cees Alons

MikeM

Screenwriter
They alleged the McDonald's, owned by Johnstone Foods Inc., was negligent and violated an "implied warranty that the food sold was reasonably fit for human consumption."

Sheez, nearly all of the items on their menu are hardly fit for human consumption!

At least create a legitimate lawsuit and sue them for simply creating the McRib. :D

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Is the statute of limitations up for me to be able to sue my high school cafeteria for that toxic waste they called food?

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Ambassador
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
The response from the owner of the Mcdonald's is hilarious.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks