What's new

Too many interconnects (1 Viewer)

reidmc

Auditioning
Real Name
Reid McLean
Now that I have the signal routing of my new HT system sorted out, I find that I need a lot of audio interconnects. I will be doing my HT video sound via 6 (5.1) analogue interconnects along with a separate pair of interconnects for a dedicated 2-channel audio routing. All going to an NAD T-755 A/V receiver.

No wanting to spend as much for cables as I did for the reciever, I've narrowed my options to those below. I'd like comment from folks that have used the specific items I cite, particularly if you've auditioned or used several cables in this range.

Option A - Use the mixed bag of interconnects I already have: 4 Tara Labs RSC CD, 2 Tara Labs Prism 22 and 2 Audioquest Turquoise. These are all older, "entry-level" audiophile interconnects. I would likely use 2 of the RSC cables for the dedicated 2-channel connections and spread the rest over the 5.1 connections. They are all the same length (1 meter) but of different construction and design. If they were all the same cable I would use them no problem, as the price is right ($0).

Option B - Go to the contemporary equivalent of these cables. . .from Tara, Audioquest or DH Labs. These would appear to be $25-40 each or $200-300 total.

Option C - Buy LC-1 cables at Blue Jeans Cables. I like the transparency of their design and component description, and the color-coded 5.1 set is a good idea. Similar in price to Option B.

Finally, what do folks think about these "subwoofer interconnects?"

Thanks!

Ed Moxley

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ed
Blue Jeans Cables are good. You might get them a little cheaper from http://www.monoprice.com/home/index.asp
Their cables are very good, and costs less than most other places.
Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks