What's new

Too many friggin games!! (1 Viewer)

Chris Rock

Supporting Actor
There are too many good games out now - for all systems. How will I ever get to all of them?

What a good problem to have. It seemed for a while like the list of new releases was pretty thin.

Those of you who play a lot: What part of your life do you adjust? Do you sleep less? Do you watch less TV & Movies? Do you spend less time with your friends / S.O.'s?

GaryP

Second Unit
Chris,
For me, the wealth of good games out right now has cut into my sleep habits as well as my movie viewings per week. It's probably a good thing that I am single, because if I wasn't, at the rate I'm going, it wouldn't take long. I'm beginning to lead a sad, sad existence and loving every gaming minute of it. ;)
Gary

JamesH

Supporting Actor
I don't really do much other than games in terms of hobbies, so they don't really take time away from anything else. The only thing they cut into is all the time I waste on internet forums such as this one(as well as sleep). My fiance plays quite a bit too so they don't really cut into my time with her.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Good thing to do is prioritize
Get the stuff that's limited or you can't live without, and by the time you're done there, there should be some used copies of the other stuff lying around :)

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Exactly, Jeff. You don't NEED to buy every game you want the week it comes out - that's a costly habit that, for me, tends to mean you don't give the games the time they deserve as next week, something else comes out you MUST HAVE.

ChrisV

Second Unit
Yes, the same thing is happening to me. If memory serves, this isn't the first time either. It seems that there are lulls in which I'm able to catch back up again more or less, so I don't worry about it too much. I get what I think is important (in this case GTA:VC) and let the rest wait. And like Jeff says, maybe there'll be some cheaper copies when I finally get around to them.
It doesn't help that I'm constantly buying used Dreamcast games that I never have time to play either ;)
As far as time goes, I only watch Canucks games and The Sopranos on TV, and recently I haven't been watching as many movies. This is my busy season, as my other main hobbies started up again a couple of weeks ago.

Chris Flynn

Second Unit
It helps that I'm currently unemployed. :)
What sucks is that I'm not spending enough time actually looking for work. :frowning:
I'm usually up at 9-10AM, alternate between my computer / Xbox / Gamecube for the afternoon, and stay up until 1-2AM reading, watching TV or playing games.
I think I epitomize the word "slacker".

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
BrianB is right, thats why I'm holding off on everything until after Steel Batallion.

Andre F

Screenwriter
Here is my list of must have games, so far...
Xbox
Rocky
Tony Hawk 4
GCN
Metroid Prime
Zelda
Gameboy Advance
Metroid Fusion
PS2
GTA: Vice City
Rachet and Clank
Good lord! How am I going to afford this or even have the time for these game especially when I just started playing Halo. :D

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Good lord! How am I going to afford this or even have the time for these game especially when I just started playing Halo.
So don't buy Vice City or THPS4 until you're bored with Halo :) Or rent Rocky or Ratchet & Clark. Or wait for some kid to trade in THPS4 for Vice City, etc etc.

Derrik Draven

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Chris
I had to let Vice City go because I'm so wrapped up in Xbox Live (it's like crack cocaine, for those of you waiting for the 15th), and Splinter Cell is coming out in 2 weeks.
Just not enough time.
This tends to cut into my weightlifting time. I have to leave the Xbox alone, until I'm done with my workout, or else I'll get so wrapped up in the "just one more race" syndrome, that the next thing I know, it's 3am and I'm tired. :laugh:
I seriously hope MS spreads the word about "Live". There's no going back to lame ass, "regular" online gaming, for me.

JamesH

Supporting Actor
Yeah, fiscal management is important during the holiday season when great games are being churned out like there's no tomorrow. When it's all said and done, I'll have gotten a good 25 games across the GC/Xbox/PS2. It's very rare that I buy a game for $50+tax though, I'll generally troll the net and sale ads and set a target of $40 shipped or $40 tax included for my must haves, and then $30-$35 total for my less desired games. When good offers come out, I use them to the point of abusing them. I'm going to come out with 9 games from the Amazon deal, and I snagged about 4 games last month when Half.com was having a $15 off 50 coupon. It came out to where I was getting a brand new game along with a decent DVD for around $40 shipped. I usually try to keep lower cost games rolling in so I'm not tempted to spend $55 bucks on release date since I'll already have more than enough to do. The way it ends up, I spend about what I would have to buy games on release, but by being willing to shop for a week or two, I end up with a much larger collection.

Chris Bardon

Senior HTF Member
This is a big problem right now, especially since I've noticed that some games tend to disappear if you wait on them too long. Case in point-I had a hell of a time finding a copy of advance wars earlier this summer, and it was less than a year old. True, you should be safe for at least a while, but I've got a feeling that with some games you have to get em while you can. As for me, my shopping list looks something like this for the rest of the year:

Xbox
Tony Hawk 4
Blinx

GC
Metroid Prime
Wario World

GBA
Castlevania:COTM
Metroid Fusion

I'm sure there are others that I'm forgetting... Add to that the glut of good DVDs that are coming out soon, and you really have to start prioritizing...

At least it's cheaper than smoking crack...

Paul_Fisher

Screenwriter
Here are my must have games:
Xbox:
Tiger Woods 2003
Mech Assault
Splinter Cell
Xbox Live
$200 right there, how am I going to afford it??? :frowning:

Mike__D

Supporting Actor
Where am I to get all this money & time?
I plan/want to buy the following:
Xbox: TimeSplitters2, Shenmue II, NBA2K3, NHL2K3, Tiger Woods PGA 2003, THPS4, Metal Gear Solid 2, BMX XXX, Xbox LIVE, and more...
Gamecube: StarFox Adventures, Zelda, Metroid, Star Wars Clone Wars & Bounty Hunter, and more...
And I have too many unfinished games! I continued playing Mario and Eternal Darkness (why did I stop playing this??) last night. Still have many more cars & races in Sega GT2002 to go. I haven't even scratched the surface of Resident Evil. Oh, and then there's Pikmin which I got bored of, might sell that one back. Well, at least I played through and finished Hitman 2 :)
I wish I was a kid again, when I didn't have responsibilities, and could devote as much time needed to my addiction :D
Mike D.

Mike__D

Supporting Actor
My fault!

[Edit] Mods, could you please delete! I'll cut and paste into other thread

Mike__D

Supporting Actor
Didn't notice this thread and started my own, hopefully mod will delete for me....

I plan/want to buy the following:

Xbox: TimeSplitters2, Shenmue II, NBA2K3, NHL2K3, Tiger Woods PGA 2003, THPS4, Metal Gear Solid 2, BMX XXX, Xbox LIVE, and more...

Gamecube: StarFox Adventures, Zelda, Metroid, Star Wars Clone Wars & Bounty Hunter, and more...

And I have too many unfinished games! I continued playing Mario and Eternal Darkness (why did I stop playing this??) last night. Still have many more cars & races in Sega GT2002 to go. I haven't even scratched the surface of Resident Evil. Oh, and then there's Pikmin which I got bored of, might sell that one back. Well, at least I played through and finished Hitman 2

I wish I was a kid again, when I didn't have responsibilities, and could devote as much time needed to my addiction

Mike D.

EdR

Second Unit
Hey all, my first post here.

The games that have been taking up my time lately are:

Tony Hawk 4 (Xbox) - gorgeous in 720p
Super MonkeyBall 2 (GC)
Need For Speed: HP2 (PS2)
V-Rally 3 (PS2)
Beach Spikers (GC)

Games I'm looking forward to:

Panzer Dragoon Orta
Tiger Woods 2003 (anyone know what formats this supports on the Xbox??)
Colin McRae Rally 3

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks