Too Bright?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by JimHagstrom, Mar 2, 2005.

1. JimHagstrom

JimHagstrom Agent

I've been calculating screen sizes and projector placement and keep running into an area where the projector calculator specifies "Recommended lower brightness..."

Should I really worry about this? Can I just use economy mode (will this degrade picture?)?

My room is only 15' long so if I place the projector there it creates problems...I have to have a 123" diag to not have the lower brightness problem.

Any help would be MUCH appricated.

Jim

2. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

What projector are you talking about, I don't know what this "too bright" limitation is... this seems quite strange.

3. JimHagstrom

JimHagstrom Agent

I'm looking at the Pan AE700U and the Sanyo Z3.

My room has two options for mounting as the back wall is 15' on one half and 18' on the other half. But if I plug these values in the projector calculator then it say reduce the brightness.

4. Neil Joseph

Neil Joseph Lead Actor

Neil Joseph
    Even in total blackness, at 100" screensize, either of these projectors is fine. Keep in mind that after calibration and setting in economy mode (recommended to save on bulb life), the overall brightness will drop anyway.

5. Nate Haley

Nate Haley Agent

Many Panny AE-700U is on a rear shelf 17.5' back from screen projecting about 92" image (about 1.1x zoom). The brightness is fine.