Tony Scott DVD's

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Chad Ferguson, Dec 10, 2001.

1. Chad Ferguson

Chad Ferguson Supporting Actor

I've always been a big fan of Tony Scott but one thing that kills me is that the DVD's don't contain any extras. Anyone know the reason for this? I'm sure Spy Game will be a good SE just cause to sell well you almost have to be today., or at least for action flicks. I know for the most part it's up to directors for DVD extras but Ridley Scott has put out some of the best ones yet so I guess I'm hoping that it would have rubbed off on him.

Thanks guys.

2. Jason Hughes

Jason Hughes Supporting Actor

Jason Hughes
    There was an article awhile back at dvdfile.com with Ridley Scott's DVD producer. They mentioned something to the effect that Tony Scott will be getting more involved with DVD.

3. JohnS

JohnS Producer

John Steffens
    Which hopefully means Enemy of the State SE(16x9) and Crimson Tide(16x9)-which we were told is coming anyway. So hopefully Tony will show some support for either of these

4. Charles de Lauzirika

Insider

Without mentioning titles, there are currently three Tony Scott films in the works as special edition DVDs, with a couple more on deck after those. The drought will be over soon.

5. DanR

DanR Supporting Actor

As always, thanks for the info Charlie. I know I'm gonna be "eating my vitamins and saying my prayers" in the hopes that Crimson Tide is one of the three titles you are referring to.

Regards,

Dan

6. Matthew Brown

Matthew Brown Supporting Actor

I hope TRUE ROMANCE is one of them.

Matt

7. Chad Gregory

Chad Gregory Supporting Actor

Did someone say Top Gun? [​IMG]
    -Chad

8. Chad Ferguson

Chad Ferguson Supporting Actor

Charlie de Lauzirika: Maybe I'm pushing for too much info out of you but by saying that 3 SE's are in the works, do you mean for a 2002 release?

Thanks for the reply

9. Charles de Lauzirika

Insider

Chad F.:

I'm not working for the studios producing the discs in question, so I'm not sure what their release schedules are. I'm merely serving as Tony's adviser on this first slate of discs because my hands are already full with other projects. After the first three titles, Tony wants me to be involved in my usual producing capacity, so we'll see what happens. But to answer your question, "sometime in 2002" seems like a reasonable guess.

10. Will_B

Will_B Producer

I just watched an old vhs of The Hunger last night - probably NOT one of the films in question - first time in years, and it held up well. The Miami Vice sort of visuals are NOT laughable, they are still cool in a retro way, thank goodness. The film was slower than I remembered, but then again I used to be high as a kite when I watched it in college so who knows.

The only aspect of the film that really bothered me was there is a very late-1970s kind of background music used often, a kind of ominous electronic drone that is intended to creep one out, but in the 1970s or early 1980s tradition of too-many-synthesizers it kind of gets annoying.

Maybe whoever remixes the mono soundtrack into 5.1 could tone that down a bit... not that I advocate tampering, but, maybe just a little! Toss it into the surrounds or somewhere less noticeable...

11. Christina_V

Christina_V Guest

True Romance better be one of the 3 & if so, also must be the DIRECTOR'S CUT!!!
    No point in releasing a "SE" edition of the R version,when the uncut was already released on dvd! If it is,then i just will skip it.
    I have the current dvd and am happy with it,but a SE would be great as this is my #1 favorite film of all time & i consider the greatest ever made. It never gets old and i've seen it plenty of times since it's release & yet keep getting pulled in to it,each & every time....now thats great film making!

12. Nathan_H

Nathan_H Stunt Coordinator

Here's another vote for The Hunger. I know it's going against the grain, but I still find it the most re-watchable of his films.

FWIW, if there is a re-mixed soundtrack, I sincerely hope that the original is included, as well.

13. HenrikTull

HenrikTull Second Unit

Me hopes it's The Last Boy Scout, True Romance and Crimson Tide [​IMG]

14. Dan Brecher

Dan Brecher Producer

Crimson Tide Vista Series...... Said that back to myself six times now and the possibility of it keeps sounding better and better. [​IMG]
    Dan (UK)

15. Gruson

Gruson Second Unit

I hope it's:

TOP GUN

Days of Thunder

Crimson Tide

PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!