Tony Hawk 3 display help

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by JasonMC, Mar 27, 2003.

1. JasonMC

JasonMC Stunt Coordinator

I'm getting ready to take a road trip. I hooked my XBox into my DVD system in my car. Every game works just fine except Tony Hawk Pro skater 3. My DVD system has a flip down widescreen LCD screen with composite video and audio inputs. When I attempt to play THPS 3, I get audio but no video. I checked the video properties in my dashboard and only the screen type is available (Normal, Letterbox, Widescreen). Again, all of the other games work fine. I've looked in the menus for THPS 3 but nothing that I can find were I can choose a display type. We are leaving in 4 days and my daughter will be really disappointed if she can't play THPS 3. Thanks in advance.
    Jason

2. Dave F

Dave F Cinematographer

Was your Xbox previously hooked up to a 480p capable tv? If so, maybe try hooking it back up, then disabling 480p (and other resolutions). It's a long shot but you never know. BTW: If your daughter likes playing Tony Hawk that much, you are raising her right! [​IMG]

-Dave

3. JasonMC

JasonMC Stunt Coordinator

My XBox is hooked up to my HDTV with 480p output. I thought the Xbox detected which type of connector you have and adjusts it's output accordingly. Only 480i can be passed via a component cable. I'll disable 480p and try it again.
    Thanks