What's new

Pre-Order Tony Curtis Collection (Blu-ray) Available for Preorder (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
71aq-r71BmL._SY679_.jpg

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
I have a nostalgic interest in 40 Pounds of Trouble. I was 8 or 9, in the middle of New York State, and it's the only time my mother and I went to town and spent the day together. We went shopping, ate out, and then went to a double feature and then had a snack while waiting for my father to pick us up. As a kid I was really fascinated watching all the scenes filmed in Disneyland! I rarely got to go to films. A few years ago I watched it again and the Disneyland scenes are fascinating from a vintage viewpoint; how much it's changed. There's a lot of Cold War humor in the film, too. Curtis and Suzanne Pleshette are very appealing. AN ASIDE: I was allowed to pick whatever movie I wanted to go see and looking at the ads in the newspaper I really wanted to see Tom Jones. Heh! My mother somehow wisely talked me out of it, an 8-9 year old would not have enjoyed that one.

The other film on the double feature was The Brass Bottle. Tony Randall finds a genie in a bottle. Burl Ives. Barbara Eden is in it, too, though I don't think she played a genie in it. But she would for the next six years.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks