What's new

Tonto : open source ccf editor (1 Viewer)

Stewart Allen

Auditioning
Hey, Hello, Hi There.
I'm new around here, so please hold back the urge to flame if this is the wrong place. But it looks like the software forum and I'm a programmer who likes to hack on his home theater system ... a lot.
Since I don't know a great deal about AV equipment, I focus on the things I do know about, and that's how to program the computers attached to my AV equipment. I also do a lot of open source programming so I have a natural tendency to share the source and other fruits of my labor with the community.
When I first set up my theater, I chose to use a Pronto TSU2000 to control everything. It was a decent choice. Good programmability and all that. The only thing that I didn't like was the fact that I had to boot into Windows (yes, Linux is my desktop) to do the programming. I set out to rectify this nearly fatal flaw by creating my own replacement for ProntoEdit (and Touch Screen Setup for Marantz people).
The result is 'The Tonto Project'. It's an all-Java cross-platform ccf development environment for all Philips and Marantz models of Pronto. I provide the source (under an OSS license) as well as binaries for Linux, Windows and Mac OS X.
If this sort of thing is your cup of tea, please enjoy!

MichaelPe

Screenwriter
Welcome to the forum Stewart.
What a great software! I work in Windows, Linux, and OSX, so this is going to be very useful for me. :) Thank you so much for taking the time to program it and for making it available for us to use.

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Stewart,

Welcome to the forum!

The software area of this forum is not named in honor of computer "software", but rather is the name for the discussions of entertainment media, like VHS, DVD, Laser, etc.

I have moved your post from our software area to the Remotes/Accessories forum, where more people might appreciate it (note, we do have a computer section, titled COMPUTERS AND HTPC, but I think this will reach more interested paties in the remote & accessories area).

-Vince

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks