What's new

Tomorrow Show - Any chance of some actual good episodes? (1 Viewer)

Michael Alden

Supporting Actor
I was a big fan of the show through most of the run and I'd have to say that of maybe 2,000 made, what they put out would be 2,001 on my list. There were so many great and interested shows done and whoever released this picked about the absolute worst and least interesting. Besides, aren't the people who liked punk rock all OD'd by now? They could do so much with this show and so far, nothing but crap.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter

lol, I agree. I don't particularly care for punk rock, but let's face it, the movement was 30 years ago, it's considered classic now. Acts like The Ramones, Blondie, Talking Heads and others who got their start at CBGB's are Hall Of Fame members now. Very good generalization comparison. You hear Blondie's songs on classic stations all the time now. The days of it being daring and something your parents would freak out to have passed, because it's what your parents were listening to nowadays.

Plus, there is a rumor (but if punk rock is crap, you'll think the same about KISS) that the complete 1979 Halloween Tomorrow Show interview with KISS (the final interview with all four original members before Criss left, with a very drunk Ace Frehley) is going to be included in the KISSology II DVD set next spring.

Steve...O

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve

Agreed! Tom Snyder was a very capable interviewer who produced many memorable episodes. I particularly remember the Billy Carter episode where Tom asked him what he'd say if his brother told him to cool it and stay out of trouble. Billy's response, which was bleeped, was to the effect that Jimmy would be invited to kiss his posterior.

I'd love to see a decent anthology of not only this show but Tom's CNBC show (with the flying colortinis).

Incidentally, anyone heard how TS is doing these days? He announced he had leukemia a year or so ago and then he took down his website and pretty much vanished from public view.

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks