What's new

Tomorrow People (1 Viewer)

Michael Sliger

Second Unit
Glad to see that A&E did get the rights to this show in their big Freemantle deal and decided to produce disks.

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=3086

However, since I initially never expected a Region 1 release of this series, I already imported four of these stories from the UK (Region 0). Looks like I will have to pass on this set unless A&E releases these disks separately as well, but I will certainly be getting future sets. David, are you positive that only "The Slaves of Jedikiah" is getting commentary tracks? All six stories were given tracks on the Revelation DVDs (which is where I assume the "Slaves" tracks are coming from since the same actors are listed) and the latter three stories have some of the silliest ones I have ever heard (though they might need to be edited a bit for language IIRC). IMHO, those disks are worth owning for the commentaries alone.

Alan Lee UK

Stunt Coordinator
If it is the same commentary as on the UK set, then Sammie Winmill is not on it, as she was mistakenly listed on the box as taking part, but never appeared in any of the commentaries.

Randall Cyrenne

Stunt Coordinator
I'm excited about this release. I vaguely remember watching this show on Canadian television in the late 1970s. I wonder if it will seem as cool now as it did when I was eight?

JohnAP

Second Unit
This is something I wouldn't have expected for Region 1. If this does well, perhaps the 90s series that aired on Nick here will get a release too.

Gregory V

Stunt Coordinator
I remember watching this show on PBS in the late seventies. I remember liking it, but the 79.95 price may put me off buying it......Its been 26 years since Ive seen it and I would like to see it again before shelling out that kind of money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks