What's new

Tommyknockers - Audio Sync Problem? (1 Viewer)

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
Do I have a bad disc or is there an audio sync problem with this title? Seems I saw somewhere a problem but not sure and the copy i have was distributed by Lion's Gate - not Artisan.

What should I do?

Thanks!
Eric

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
I think there is, because I noticed the problem as well when I first watched the DVD. My copy is from Lionsgate, too.

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
Not "sounds" per se but as people talk, the voice and their mouth movements are all out of sync. Like a cheap Japanese dub ;) The voice track finishes before their mouths do.

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
If I remember correctly it gets better in part 2, but the entire part 1 definitely suffers from it.

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
OK... knowing I am not the only person suffering from this problem, did Lion's Gate address the issue and if so, will they replace the disc and how do you go about it?

Eric

Travis Brashear

Screenwriter
I have the original Trimark version and, unless it's a variable problem, I can't detect it (I tested Gardner's poetry reading and the after party). Sorry to say it may be an issue solely with the Lionsgate repressing.

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Eric, the Lionsgate version has been out for ages now. I bought mine two years ago (funnily enough exactly to the day, 09/21/04). It wasn't new then and still had the issue. I'd say if they haven't addressed it by now (and as far as I'm aware they haven't), I doubt they ever will.

And let's face it, Lionsgate aren't really known for fixing issues.

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
Christian,

I spoke with someone at Lion's Gate in California this afternoon and she was quite pleasant and willing to look at and exchange my DVD. Was more pleasant than the people at Warner when I had a defective for exchange.

Keeping fingers crossed.

Eric

Christian Preischl

Screenwriter
Real Name
Christian Preischl
Eric, please keep me posted on this. If they never remastered the disc, a new one will (obviously) have the same problems. Good luck, though. :)

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
With an enclosed letter I sent to her I stated what was wrong, that other people had the same problem, and for her to check the disc prior to shipping. I am sending it UPS so will hopefully know something in a week or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks