Tommy Hilfiger suits vs. BOSS? (Harry Rosen brands)

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by McPaul, Oct 25, 2003.

1. McPaul

McPaul Screenwriter

Paul M
    The Bay has a sale on Hilfiger suits, 30% off $500. I've also got a 10% coupon. This sale happens twice a year.

I'm curious if Hilfiger is significantly better than the standard "$199" suits you see in TipTop sales, or Bay "Jones New York" or house brand suits. Are they worth the price?

Also, there's a store in TD Square called Harry Rosen which carries such brands as Hugo Boss, etc. How would the Hilfiger suits compare to these? Are the Boss suits worth the higher prices?

If they're ok, I'm going in tomorrow to pick up a couple for work. Last day of the sale is Sunday (tomorrow), for those that are curious.

2. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

I think you'll find that a Hilfiger suit sold at the BAy isn't as nice as a Boss.

If you only wear a suit every few months, or once a year like me, getting a $300 Hilfiger might be cool, but if you wear a suit anything regular I'd expect to spend $7-800c.

B

3. McPaul

McPaul Screenwriter

Paul M
    hmm, thanks Brent, I kinda figured that the TH wouldn't be as good as Boss, but for the price difference, I was very curious about the TH. I'll wait for a sale at Harry Rosen... IF they have one, that is!

I wear suits for work quite often, at least one suit a week. It's not necessarily required, but makes me feel good and get lots of comments on them. My current suits are Jones New York, and Tip top brands, so TH would be a step up from those I'm sure.

You've just given me an excuse to stay home & watch football!!

4. Rob Gillespie

Rob Gillespie Producer

Hilfiger is gear for high-school kids.

Boss is the real deal. Paul Smith is cooler though [​IMG]

5. Sumeet Beniwal

I'd go with Boss