What's new

Tommy Boy: Holy Shnikes Edition! (1 Viewer)

Arnold Y

Grip
Definitely good news. All the more reason for me to not buy the regular DVD release.

"It's like shooting fish in a barrel. Town's the fish, people are the barrel. Fish in a barrel."

David Illingworth II

Second Unit

It's happening. I've already provided the details, and if you watch the preview on Without a Paddle, you can see clips of those details yourself.
And it shows the cover art in the preview too.
If you don't believe me, watch the DVD.

Marc Bax

Second Unit
So is this still a go or what? I haven't heard a word about a Tommy Boy SE in months. In fact this is the only place I ever saw anything about it.

David Illingworth II

Second Unit
August, huh? Isn't that when Office Space:SE comes out? That will be a good month then!
And to the guy above asking which movie I was talking about: Tommy Boy. Sorry for any miscommunication there.

Don_Limey

Stunt Coordinator
According to The Digital Bits the Tommy Boy: Holy Schnike Special Collector's Edition is tentatively set for 8/3.

Scott D S

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott Saslow
I keep reading that it's called the Holy Schnike Edition. Isn't it Schnikes with an "s"? And did it always have a "c"?

John Gido

Second Unit

August 3rd is a Wednesday, is it possible that it could be the 2nd?

If this is true, I'm so there. :D

Don_Limey

Stunt Coordinator
I just saw this on davisdvd.com

Tommy Boy: Holy Schnike Edition arrives with an anamorphic transfer, Dolby Digital 5.1 and 2.0 tracks, commentary with director Peter Segal, deleted and extended scenes, alternate takes, four featurettes, storyboard comparisons, a gag reel, a photo gallery and the trailer & TV spots. This is due on August 30th.

David Galindo

Screenwriter
Got it, and while I think the menus are a bit cheezy (as well as the awful DVD disc art) its really good so far.

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
I haven't bought a Paramount title in awhile and after sitting through seemingly endless series of forced (albeit skippable) trailers and previews, I can almost understand why. Ugh-- I HATE this crap.

Great DVD though.

And there IS a two-pack with this and "Black Sheep" at Costco for $18.99. Gluttons for punishment can get a two-pack with "A Night At The Roxbury" as well.

jonathan_govols

Stunt Coordinator
This disc art here is the single worst I've ever seen. It looks like a BAD 1st grade art project.

But the stuff that really matters is fantastic here. The special features are great and the film looks fine. The documentaries are worth the price alone. Get rid of the old version and pick this one up. Just don't look at the discs.

jonathan_govols

Stunt Coordinator
I don't know if your response was to me or not Greg, but I'm talking about the disc art and not the cover art. Actually I don't mind the cover art at all, but the disc art is a disgrace.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.