What's new

Tombstone-Vista (1 Viewer)

ScottR

Senior HTF Member
I really want to own this movie, but I have read several places that the quality is marred by excessive EE. What are your thoughts on this release?

Dave Miller

Supporting Actor
Scott,

Whether to buy it or not might depend on how big your display is. On my Tosh 65h80 it is very noticeable and very distracting in some scenes. It might not be as glaring on a smaller set. The supplements on the DVD are great and I'm a big fan of the movie, so I bought it. Audio is real good as well. Picture is disappointing to say the least b/c of the EE. DVDfile explains it better than I can in its' review here.

Peace,

DM

Mike_Richardson

Supporting Actor
The transfer is watchable but there is some EE that depends on your monitor situation.

I have to say that I was completely let down by the DVD. They added a couple of minutes back into the film, but the movie was originally three hours and even the LD had more deleted scenes that were really strong, legit sequences that never should have been dropped (they were contained in a supplement at the end of the LD). The director's commentary maddeningly addresses scenes that were dropped (and not restored or shown at all) -- why not include them? As it is, there are barely enough supplements on the 2nd disc to even justify its presence...as much as I love the film, this is still one of the bigger missed opportunities I've yet seen on disc. :frowning:

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
I think that if you really want the movie, then get it. Excessive EE is still better than no release at all, or VHS. What are the chances that BV will ever correct the problem soon? Bad EE seems to come as standard on their Vista releases. :thumbsdown:

Or - buy it, watch it, and take it back to the store stating the problems with the picture. It's the only way to get BV to take notice.

Joshua Moran

Supporting Actor
It is better than the first release. But I think it has about as much EE as Episode 1. Haven't watched either one in awhile so I'm not sure

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks