What's new

Tombstone not in 5.1??? (1 Viewer)

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam
I recently got Tombstone on DVD and I realized it was not in 5.1, only Dolby surround. Is this movie made in 5.1?

Sean Conklin

Screenwriter
Not yet as far as I know, but, soon there is going to be a Tombstone SE with a remastered 5.1 I think.
How does the Pro Logic sound?
I love this movie and have been waiting for the SE.
But if this movie had not have been so expensive I probably would have gotten it already! I dont mind a good Pro Logic track.
------------------
Sean
"I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates who said.......I drank what?"
[Edited last by Sean Conklin on November 05, 2001 at 06:18 PM]

Chad Gregory

Supporting Actor
Jeff,
Sorry to tell you but you made a mistake. Tombstone is being release as a Vista Series in January with both DD and DTS 5.1 soundtracks (remastered)
To answer your question, NO Tombstone was not originally produced as with a 5.1 soundtrack.
For all other questions about the future release use the search function.
-Chad

jeff lam

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeff Lam
Thanks,
I'll have to keep a look out for it when it comes out.
The Dolby surround wasn't all that bad. It still sounded great but the front soundstage was most everything you heard. The surround speakers don't do much on pro logic/2.0 suround tracks.

Jeremy Anderson

Screenwriter
The original release of Tombstone has an excellent Pro Logic track, which faithfully represents the theatrical experience. It is even more impressive if you have a Dolby Pro-Logic II receiver.
That being said, I'm looking forward to adding the SE to my collection, since it is a director's cut and has the 5.1 remixed soundtrack. But that doesn't mean I'll be getting rid of the original version any time soon... because we all know how bad some of these 5.1 remixes can sound in the wrong hands.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
The current release did sound pretty good but I took a chance and sold mine because of the new release coming. I don't think they'll screw this one up.

Rob T

Screenwriter
I made the mistake of buying the barebones edition as well. I'll sell it once I get the SE DVD. :)

rob...there is a "Barebones Edition"?...i dont remember seeing that on the cover.
laugh.gif

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
The current TOMBSTONE release sounds very good in pro-logic, no problem there. It looks terrible! It has alot of edge enhancement and some of the runniest fleshtones I've seen. It was reportedly made from the same master as the LD, which looked poor too. I bought it when it first came out and have regretted it since. It's one of my fav westerns and I want the new edition!
------------------
Rachael, the big disc cat! "...in a democracy it don't matter how stupid you are you stille get an equal share..."
AFI Film Challenge, hey I've only got 1 to go!

Jon Mercer

Second Unit
I sold my "old" one one ebay a month and a half ago and after conversion to Canadian, I got more than I paid for it, and more than enough to buy the new one. :)
If I remember correctly I got $28.00 CDN for it.
If any of you guys are thinking of selling it, do it now before the new release becomes common knowledge and nobody wants it.
All the best
------------------
Where the heck is Plucky? HERE DUCKY DUCKY DUCKY!!!
Magic armour is good but it tends to lose its magic without warning. Many an ancient lords last words had been " You can't kill me because I've got magic AARRGG!"
-Interesting Times-

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
You might want to see if you can return it for something else until the special edition comes out.
------------------
Link Removed
------------------
My Favourite DVD's

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks