What's new

Tombstone appreciation thread! (1 Viewer)

Chris Farmer

Screenwriter
One question I had, was on the Vista Series Director's Cut, what was the point of the scene with Doc Hollilday reciting poetry as Morgan died? the other additions all make sense and flesh things out, but htat scene I could never figure out.

Jeff Adams

Screenwriter
Maybe he was just having one of those drunken sentimental moments. That scene kind of threw me off too but I didn't mind it. But the other additional scenes added so much more to the movie. I will never watch the original ever again.

James Edward

Supporting Actor
Count me in as one who had never seen Tombstone until last week. I loved it and have watched it twice. And it's almost ready to go again. Val Kilmer's performance was as good as it gets, and added levity at every turn. Levity and menace, yeah, that's it...
It's THE western for people that don't normally like westerns.

Chuck C

Senior HTF Member
chris, i forget the dialog there but i think the point of the poem scene was to show where doc was during the ambush and why he didn't help. someone else could probably elaborate on the meaning of his words.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks