What's new

Tombstone & 6th Sense: Vista Series (1 Viewer)

David Illingworth II

Second Unit
I have waited a LONG time for the Tombstone SE, but on January 15th I will happily give BV my money. This will also be the first Vista Series I pick up, and that's cool because I think it's one of the most exciting lines of SE since Fox's 5-Star Collection.
The only thing is, why are they releasing so many titles all on one day?

David Coleman

Supporting Actor
This is great! Hopefully this will be re-issued properly (anamorphic, 5.1, accurate colors- this time). I really like TOMBSTONE but I'd really prefer it if I can have that and WYATT EARP!

ChristopherM

Stunt Coordinator
According to DVD File, "The Sixth Sense" will be the original edition simply repackaged as a Vista Series edition.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Shame on you Ron, Tombstone has been out for 2-3 years now. How could you wait that long for a special edition? That movie is great. It's like on my top 5 list of all time. Just giving you a hard time.
Alright Jeff, don't make me come over there
tongue.gif

I know...I know. It just seems that when Tombstone first hit dvd there were always rumors flying around about a re-release and I could not bring myself to buy it, even though it is one of my all-time favs as well.
Just happy to see if finally on the horizon. If there is one thing I hate, it's having to re-buy a dvd. After all, I only have so much money in my budget for beer and dvd. If I have to re-buy a disk...well you see where this is headed. After all, man cannot live by dvd alone :)
Peace Out~
biggrin.gif

------------------
http://home.earthlink.net/~peregrinefalcon

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Yep, everything I've seen has said the "new" Vista Sixth Sense will be the same exact disc in a new box.
Who knows, but I wouldn't put it past disney to just repackage it with the same old content!
-Vince
------------------
http://www.musicianassist.com
AIM: VinceMaskeeper
Anyone wanna sell me their palm pilot?? Click here
[Edited last by Vince Maskeeper on October 15, 2001 at 04:43 PM]

Rolando

Screenwriter
Well David looks like you get your wish...
WHY THE WOLRD RE-RELEASE THE 6th SENSE EXACTLY THE SAME???
Just what is the point? OOOOOH! it says vista series on it! OOOH! Let me buy it again!!!
Anyone else think they should not bother or revamp it? Commentary, exttra features...
Don't get me wrong I thought the old release was great which makes this all the more useless.
Just my 2 cents...

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
All it would have taken was removing the forced ads at the beginning and I might have cancelled my preorder for the Unbreakable Vista/ Sixth Sense Non-Vista 2-Pack.....nevertheless, the preorder remains.
And why the hell would Disney release The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn BUT NOT Tom and Huck?!
frown.gif

GaryEA

Second Unit
I remember a while ago that there was talk that whatever new Tombstone edition would be a different cut, most likely a longer, director's cut. Is this still the case?
I'm ashamed to say I still haven't bought it and if there are going to be two editions, I'd like to get have both cuts.
Gary
p.s. What is up with the "Sixth Sense: Not-So-Vista Edition"? Diffrent packaging does not make a special edition to me, as much as I love well crafted packaging (a la Unbreakable).

T r o y

Supporting Actor
If Sixth Sense is just going to be repackaged with Vista Series clothes and no extra features added, I guess that means there will be no DTS on this Vista Series edition
frown.gif

As far as the Tombstone DVD, I want it to be a full blown all-the-way special edition disc, with all the works!
I hope they don't follow suit with Tombstone like their doing with Sense.
[Edited last by T r o y on October 15, 2001 at 07:16 PM]

DanR

Supporting Actor
After all, I only have so much money in my budget for beer and dvd.
Absolutely brilliant and classic comment. Life is full of choices. I say you tell your wife/kids to work more hours so you can allocate more money to your budget for beer and DVD. A real man needs both and should not be forced to choose.
biggrin.gif

Regards,
Dan

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks