Tombstone & 6th Sense: Vista Series

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Anthony Navaja, Oct 10, 2001.

1. Anthony Navaja

Just thought I let everyone know what Buena Vista has posted the release dates to quite a few titles, including Tombstone and The 6th Sense as part of the Vista Series.
    Tombstone: Vista Series - 01/15/2002
    The Sixth Sense: Vista Series - 01/15/2002
    The Jungle Book: Mowgli's Story - 01/15/2002
    Newsies - 01/15/2002
    The Adventures of Huck Finn - 01/15/2002
    Young Girls of Rochefort - 01/15/2002
    The Hunchback of Notre Dame (Live Action) - 01/15/2002
    Belle du Jour - 01/15/2002
    No details as of yet, but at least you know they are coming.
    ------------------
    http://www.movierecords.com

2. Luis A

Luis A Second Unit

Thanks for the post Anthony. I'm sure DTS will be on Tombstone & TSS. Looking foward to it. L

3. Scott H

Scott H Supporting Actor

Anthony, I have posted the details (sans info on audio) for Tombstone a long time ago here, if you wish to search for them. I truly don't know about the audio, but I would bet against DTS.
    ------------------
    My DVD Library
    Runaway production? No thanks. Where I've filmed, benefiting local economies: AL, CA, ID, IL, IN, IA, KS, MN, MO, MT, NV, OH, OR, TX, WA, WY.

4. Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises Lead Actor

Tombstone Vista Series!?!? YESSSS!!!!! This movie simply rocks.
    ------------------
    "I don't know, Marge. Trying is the first step towards failure." - Homer J. Simpson
    "Stranger things have happened..." - Wes Deskins
    "It's not Pikeville, Kentucky. It's Pikevool!!! And it's not Louisville, it's Loolvool!!! Get it right, damnit!!!"
    My DVD Collection

5. Joel C

Joel C Screenwriter

This is the first I've heard about the Sixth Sense, and I must say, it's pretty cool, especially since my copy has some production errors and I never bothered to replace it. I wonder if ol' M. Night will finally record a commentary?
    ------------------
    Joel
    woemcats@hotmail.com
    "I've been very lonely in my isolated tower of indecipherable speech."
    digitallyOBSESSED

6. Mark McLeod

Mark McLeod Second Unit

Hmm Tombstone and 6th Sense : Vista Series both on 1/15/02 the same day as Pearl Harbor : Vista Series. It's going to be a busy day for the Vista Series banner although I've heard PH may be delayed. Any word on that Anthony?
    Mark

7. Ugo Scarlata

Ugo Scarlata Stunt Coordinator

8. DanR

DanR Supporting Actor

Since it is out now, I can say that 1/15/02 was the date for Tombstone that I was hinting at in my last post in this subject almost a month ago (I had said, "Soon, but not this year" and "There is another BIG release on the same date" -----> Pearl Harbor Vista). I was told this date by someone who works for Disney.
    I think this date may have changed, but it is interesting to see it come from another source now. Maybe it will happen.
    Regards,
    Dan

9. Dave_P

Dave_P Stunt Coordinator

I'll be picking up Tombstone when it comes out. It's one of my favorite films. I've been waiting for a better version of this movie to come out. I have been under the impression that the first issue of this movie is not that good.

10. Ron-P

Ron-P Producer

Ron
    Tombstone: Vista Series - 01/15/2002
    Thanks Anthony...this is excellent. I've been holding off on the current release hoping that sometime soon the re-release would hit the street. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Peace Out~ [​IMG]
    ------------------
    http://home.earthlink.net/~peregrinefalcon

11. MikeEckman

MikeEckman Screenwriter

1/15 is also the day for the 20th Anniversary Tron SE. Seems kinda odd that BV is waiting until 2 weeks after Christmas to release so many big name titles... Either way, it will be a good day.

12. GlennH

GlennH Cinematographer

Glenn
    quote: The Hunchback of Notre Dame (Live Action) - 01/15/2002 [/quote]
    I'm not familiar with a Disney live action version of this story. Can someone enlighten me? Link to IMDB?
    EDIT -- Okay, based on information at DVDFile.com that Anthony Quinn is in this, I guess this is the movie Disney is releasing (it's French):
    http://us.imdb.com/Details?0050781
    [Edited last by Glenn Heberle on October 12, 2001 at 12:35 PM]

13. Jeff Adams

Jeff Adams Screenwriter

Shame on you Ron, Tombstone has been out for 2-3 years now. How could you wait that long for a special edition? That movie is great. It's like on my top 5 list of all time. Just giving you a hard time. I am overly happy about this! I can't wait! Who cares about no DTS, if it is in Dolby Digital and anamorphic that will be great.
    ------------------
    "I'm your Huckelberry"

14. Patrick Wilmes

Patrick Wilmes Stunt Coordinator

I don't know about anyone else but I would rather have a Pulp Fiction: Vista Series over another version of The Sixth Sense any day.

15. Brett Jason

Brett Jason Stunt Coordinator

1/15 is also the Buffy season 1 release date and more importantly....................MY BIRTHDAY

16. Rob T

Rob T Screenwriter

17. David Brashear

David Brashear Stunt Coordinator

Do we really need a new version of The Sixth Sense? I mean, what was wrong with the first one? Save the Vista Series releases for movies that really need it, like their old releases listing chapter stops as a special feature. Or better yet, movies they still aren't on dvd.

18. Mark McLeod

Mark McLeod Second Unit

DVDBlokes.com seem to have spoken to David Prior who did indeed confirm a possible delay for the Vista Series release of PH.
    "At this point, there is no definate revised date, but January is looking less likely (despite everyone's efforts to the contrary) simply because the new director's cut master has taken a long time to complete. Throw in a
    record breaking amount of supplemental material, and it should be clear why we had to move it. Michael Bay wants it out as early as possible, but we'll just have to wait and see how soon that is"
    Maybe Mr Prior is lurking on the forums again and can confirm this here for us as well [​IMG]
    Mark

19. Mark McLeod

Mark McLeod Second Unit

Ack. Double Post
    [Edited last by Mark McLeod on October 11, 2001 at 04:08 PM]

20. Matt_Stevens

Matt_Stevens Supporting Actor