1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Tom K are you here? Did you build the Focal Center from Zalytron?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Loren Jones, Jan 23, 2002.

1. Loren Jones

Loren Jones Agent

Hi Tom,

I saw in one of your posts that you built the Focal HT kit front LR's from Zalytron. Did you build the center kit as well? If so, how do you like it? I am thinking of building the center, and then the Aria 7 as front LR (to save some $$), and am looking for any opinions. What sort of receiver are you using with them? Are they ever too bright? If anyone else has built these, your opinions would be greatly appreciated also.

Thanks,

Loren Jones

2. Loren Jones

Loren Jones Agent

Just bringing to the top.

3. Tom-K

Tom-K Stunt Coordinator

Hi Loren,

I have not yet built the center channel. I need to at least order it very soon, as I'm worried that Zalytron might run out of the drivers necessary to complete it. As for my Mains, I am extremely happy with them. Currently I am using a Sony 8ES receiver as a pre-amp, and driving them with a Carver 753. This is a 250 x 3 power amp. (Not so patiently waiting for the Outlaw 950) Some might consider them bright, I think they are very accurate.

4. Loren Jones

Loren Jones Agent

Hi Tom,

Thanks. I think I am going to go ahead with them too. I just have to wait for my tax return to proceed...I hope all the W2's etc come soon as I have the same concern with driver supply that you do.

Thanks again,

Loren Jones