What's new

Tom files for divorce from Drew... (1 Viewer)

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
I am amazed on a daily basis by all this Hollywood shit. We buy their product, but some of the people that make up the industry live in an alternate dimension.

First of all, we see people marrying people that are obviously not their professional and socioeconomic equals.

Compared to Barrymore, Green looks like a loser. Nothing against the guy, but that seems to be the way Hollywood people think.

I'll never forget years ago reading about Sharon Stone dropping or divorcing some guy because his career had not been "going anywhere".

Very few of those Hollywood types seem to take marriage very seriously anyway.

It's weird.

brian a

Second Unit
I think Tom Green was probably the saner of the two. He seems to have had a fairly normal childhood and decent parents in suburbia. His parents are still together and seem to support him and put up with his crap. I'd say that most of his behavior is a character, but he's at heart a pretty normal guy.

Drew on the other hand, has been through it all. She's probably much more damaged and srewed up than Tom.

I'm not too surprised about who left who.

brianca..

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I'll never forget years ago reading about Sharon Stone dropping or divorcing some guy because his career had not been "going anywhere".
:confused:
So are you, or are you not, saying that a person should marry someone who is their "socioeconomic equal"?

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
So are you, or are you not, saying that a person should marry someone who is their "socioeconomic equal"?
I'm only saying this for Hollywood types; not everyday people. Of course it's up to them, but it would seem like there would be fewer problems if they try to marry people more on their level.

I know this sounds like I'm being an ass, but you can probably see the point I'm trying to make.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
but it would seem like there would be fewer problems if they try to marry people more on their level.
I always thought that this was more the rule than the exception?

Anyway, I suspect she has some serious issue that he can't deal with. Wasn't she caught shoplifting sometime ago? She probably needs a shrink and he probably can't deal with whatever is wrong with her.

--

Holadem

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
I chalk it up to the matters of food and animals.

The lovely Ms. Barrymore: A devout vegan and a committed animal-rights activists.

Tom Green: We've seen his shows and movies, and we know what he does with animals (Yeah, yeah, it may be acting, but it's the principle of the thing). Besides that, steak and pastrami aren't typical vegetarian/vegan foods, are they? He was still doing the real meat when he was with Drew.

Not much of a connection. Also, Tom kinda lured Drew back to the bottle from observation of their situation. Not too good, IMVEPO.

Sincerely,

John "I need some extra butter on my bacon sandwich" Kilduff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks