Tom Cuise is now in charge of United Artists.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter
The studio that gave us so many classics over the years is now in the hands of a couch-jumping doctor-bashing freakazoid.

Here's the link...Read it and weep: http://movies.msn.com/movies/article...40199&GT1=7701

It was originally run by people like Charlie Chaplin and Mary Pickford...Talk about a step down.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

I can only dread what we'll see.

Nicholas Vargo

Second Unit
Real Name
Nicholas Vargo
Nothing against Tom Cruise, but what in God's name is he doing running United Artists. I have more respect for him than most (the exceptions are Katie Holmes and his couch-jumping incident), but if he makes the next Heaven's Gate (which I love by the way), then may God have mercy on his soul.

This is the funniest bit of news I've read all day.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Huh, I always thought it was the other way around, that Scientology made Tom Cruise laughable.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Premium
Real Name
Doug
Who's bashing it? My statement was purely factual.

Besides, Jason has it right.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
My point is that ever since Tom Cruise started acting like an idiot and the South Park episode that made fun of him, it seems like a number of 'Tom Cruise sucks' posts have to mention Scientology. I don't see the religion of other actors mentioned when people trash them.

dpippel

Yoyodyne Propulsion Systems
Premium
Real Name
Doug
If they're Scientologists you do. Besides, CRUISE is the one responsible for bringing his religious views into his public life. He was being ridiculed long before the South Park episode hit the air.

Mike Williams

Screenwriter
The phrase is not "What is God's name is Cruise doing running United Artists." The correct phrase should be "What in L. Ron Hubbard's name..."

Mike Williams

Screenwriter
The Church of Satan, Hare Krishnas, Rev. Sun Yung-Moon and Scientology are all perfectly acceptable bashable religions.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Interesting. So did UA produce the new Bond movie? Whenever I think UA I automatically think Bond, so that's all I have to say.

Robin_B

Stunt Coordinator
Good for you Tom. A real kick in the teeth for all the "Cruise's career is over now" idiots over at Fox News.

John Kilduff

Screenwriter

Oops. I was a little tired earlier today. Well, it still feels odd either way. I don't think an actor has been in charge of a studio since the Golden Age Of Hollywood. This will be interesting.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

I could come up with some Scientology jokes myself, but I don't want to push the limits on my time here.

Don Solosan

Supporting Actor
"I don't think an actor has been in charge of a studio since the Golden Age Of Hollywood."

How about Robert Evans?

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
May not be a bad thing for Cruise to play Bond. Well..., never mind maybe it would be a bad idea. It'll be interesting to see the direction MGM/UA goes with Tom on board. Might open the doors for smaller budget movies to come into play here.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truvalastavi