Todd McFarlane, your slipping dude! RE: his 'Alien vs Predator' set.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Inspector Hammer!, Mar 3, 2003.

1. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    I've had these figures for three weeks now and am fed up with the Alien figure, the damn thing won't stay on it's base, it keeps falling off! I've tried situating it's feet to balance it better and get the center of gravity just right but it doesn't help, oh sure it'll stand up for a while, but sooner or later it tumbles to the floor. I really don't want to glue it to the base, but I guess I have no alternative. [​IMG]

This is the first time i've ever had stand up issue with Todd and any of his figures.

Awesome set otherwise, the Predator is my favorite of the two, i'd kill for an 18" Predator! [​IMG] I'd even be willing to trade my beloved 18" figure of 'Ash' for that one if I had to! [​IMG]

2. Rain

Rain Producer

3. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

John, I have seen the prototype for the 18" Predator... it's AWESOME! (Click on 'Figures' in my sig... there should be a pic of it)

As for the Aliens vs. Predator set... the problem I keep having is the f'n Predator falling over because they didn't give him 2 leg pegs! I finally just put one leg off the side of the base/one on the peg. Overall the paint/articulation/sculpt is pretty good IMHO.

4. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    Rob,

this is not a joke, I quite literaly squealed like Mariah Carey on helium with her foot caught in a bear trap when I read your post! I am DYING for that freakin Predator!! Please, PLEASE don't pull this one Todd like you did with the 18" Terminator!!

O.k., gotta calm down (deep breaths in and out) [​IMG], that's funny Rob, my Predator has not once fallen over, I guess maybe it's because I have his right knee up against the open face hugger egg.

5. Andrew W

Andrew W Supporting Actor

Only 1 of my Maurice Sendak Wild Things will stand. Altogether very disappointing.

6. AaronNWilson

AaronNWilson Second Unit

sometimes my deodorant falls off my dresser and I have to pick it up again [​IMG]