Todd Glass: upcoming sitcom?

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Lee Davies, Oct 5, 2004.

1. Lee Davies

Lee Davies Agent

Well the genius of comedy was voted off today!!!
    Never mind that!!

A Todd Glass sitcom is in order!!!!

If you'd like to see more fun stuff on TV such as a brand new sitcom with comedy pros, best buddies Todd Glass & Gary Gulman, make yourselves heard at the Studios & MFRs. thread.

Let the studio execs know what we like and what we want to watch: comedy all the way!!!!

Starring Todd Glass & Gary Gulman.

LEE

2. Ike

Ike Screenwriter

What?

3. Lee Davies

Lee Davies Agent

Todd Glass and Gary Gulman. Of Last Comic Standing. Haven't you watched??

Go to www.ToddGlass.com and www.GaryGulman.com

Here is where studio execs get feedback from viewers as to what we like and what we want to see.

Any more questions, Ike??

LEE

4. MattGentry

MattGentry Second Unit

I have a question...

Do we really need another unfunny comedy sitcom from two, at best, mediocre stand-ups? A show that would get cancelled in the first season, if it even make it to air?

5. Lee Davies

Lee Davies Agent

Matt Gentry: the fact that you don't get Gary and Todd's comedy is nobody's fault but your own. If you prefer to go through life miserable and depressed, that's your deal buddy and I respect that.

If I'd see ya, I'd hand you a nickel so you can buy yourself a sense of humor but that show won't need viewers like you.

The Todd & Gary sitcom is an idea whose time has come. While I'll be laughing my @$$ off you can watch COPS, the Jerry Springer show or just have a plain ol'fight with the wife. I guess that's more up the alley where your trailer's parked.

LEE

6. Ike

Ike Screenwriter

This is my favorite thread. Ever.

7. MattGentry

MattGentry Second Unit

Ike, I too am enjoying this thread.

Lee, I was merely stating that the two comedians, from my point of view, are not that great. Decent, yes. Anything special? No, not to me. A sitcom from the two of them would more than likely go along the route Tom Papa followed in his recent attempt at a sitcom.

And, a personal insult on me? Have we not seen enough personal insults in the presidential campaign to last a lifetime? Insults are neither warranted, nor indicative of your intelligence.

I personally don't feel a show from these two would do well. You obviously do. Let's just leave it at that.

8. Gregg Shiu

Gregg Shiu Second Unit

Tom Papa's comedy is average at best. Though I don't think Todd Glass is everybody's cup of tea comedy-wise, out of the 10 contestants last season on LCS, he's easily my pick for most suited for a sitcom. Let's be honest, while we're at it, it's not like all sitcoms are gold anyway.

9. Lee Davies

Lee Davies Agent

Well Matt, an intelligent post deserves another one!

You felt insulted by me (and that feeling's not completely unwarranted), you have my apologies. (And if you re-read my post, it was rather mild, not the best I could come up with but I stayed along the lines of humor & silliness rather than vicious attacks our outright insults, FYI)

But for future reference, you outta know when you insult a man's (or a woman's) taste, you thereby insult the person themselves.

So I'm not gonna insult your intelligence by pretending I didn't mean to offend you the way I felt attacked by your post. In turn, don't insult mine by playing innocent either.

A matter of taste indeed. You called them mediocre. Gregg and millions others have been entertained by Todd Glass & Gary Gulman's comedy. And Gregg's got a point here: "Let's be honest, while we're at it, it's not like all sitcoms are gold anyway."

There are very successful comedians I consider un-funny: David Spade, Adam Sandler but they have their audiences. I'd rather post about what & whom I like and gather with like-minded individuals rather than scout forums for what I don't like and destroy what others are trying to build. {Hence my trailer ref.} I wrote reviews for a Hollywood rag and when the show happened to be one I found dreadfully boring, I wrote a bland and mildly positive review rather than use the paper as a soap box to vent my negativity.

There is so much that fans can accomplish if we channel our energies in positive ways. How about we do just that!?

Peace on out, Matt!

LEE