1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Today's XBox Announcement

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Iain Lambert, Aug 8, 2002.

1. Iain Lambert

Iain Lambert Screenwriter

Well, the hyped press conference today ended, and now we officially know that Halo2 will be (a) online capable, and (b) out the end of next year. We have to wait to 2004 to get Project Gotham 2, but it will have Edinburgh and Hong Kong in it - again, it will allow online stuff as well.
    I don't know about you, but it seems a bit predictable, and Microsoft's statement that it will far surpass our expectations seems a bit silly. Still, Halo2 does look good.
    So, any bets for the real name of PGR2? I vote for Project Weejie, but I'll be wrong. [​IMG]

2. BrianB

BrianB Producer

Considering Weejie is slang for someone from Glasgow, not Edinburgh, I doubt they'll use that as a name [​IMG]

3. Ryan Peter

Ryan Peter Screenwriter

2004 for the next PGR??? Wow, must be a completely new engine a la Halo 2. [​IMG] [​IMG]

4. Damien

Damien Supporting Actor

i don't see what else can be done to the pgr series, but i bet you they come up with something radical to totally change the game.

5. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

Wasn't all that stuff about Halo 2 already common knowledge? MS announced a while ago that the game was on schedule for late 2003 and that instead of making an online version of the first game they would include all the online stuff in the second game.

6. BrianB

BrianB Producer

Yup, it was previously announced, this is the first time screenshots etc have been released for both games.
    Looking forward to racing up by the DMA office in PGR2 [​IMG]

7. Dave E H

Dave E H Supporting Actor

So, Halo 2 at the end of 2003? So, if you get the Xbox live at launch this year, that GUARANTEES that you'll have to renew it to play Halo 2 online?? Hmmmm... Coincidence?

8. Morgan Jolley

Morgan Jolley Lead Actor

I don't think it's a coincidence. Only 2 years to create a new game that is supposed to be up to par with it's predecessor is pretty good, especially when creating a new graphics engine. Plus you could just get XBL when you get Halo 2, nothing says you need to get it right now.

9. Iain Lambert

Iain Lambert Screenwriter

D'oh! Got my abbreviations back to front again. I'm really intruiged to see if they will implement a full-on Princes Street rush-hour jam level. That would be madness.

10. BrianB

BrianB Producer

Indeed, Iain. I'd rather race about Glasgow to be honest, but Edinburgh's got more attraction in the US etc, so I can understand why Bizarre Creations went with it.