Today marks the 4th anniversary of when I joined the HTF!

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by John Kilduff, Oct 27, 2005.

1. John Kilduff

John Kilduff Screenwriter

I've been here for 4 years now. It's been quite a learning experience. I joined this website when I was 18 years old in 2001. I've seen a lot of people come and go. I've witnessed developments both good and bad in the history of home entertainment. I ran at least one tournament (The infamous "Lovely Ladies Of The 80s" tournament) and inspired another with a post about how I really enjoy movies from the 80s. I've learned some valuable lessons, like "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder" and "Never rejoice in another person's death".

It's been 4 great years so far, and I look forward to 4 more, and 4 after that, et cetera, et cetera.

Sincerely,

John Kilduff...

This is a great place.

2. MatthewA

MatthewA Lead Actor

Matthew
    Congratulations, John.

What I have learned in my five years here I can't begin to tell you.

3. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

At least you can drink now. Legally that is. Pretty place, that Greenwood Lake.

4. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Greenwood Lake.. Howdy neighbor! Congrats too.

Check out the viewpoint on the AT where it crosses into NY State from NJ, there is a great view of the whole lake, the little island and Sterling Forest and Harriman. In fact, I think it's called "grand view" on the AT maps...

Anyway, I'm down in NJ, but GWL is about 20 minutes from me.

Jay

5. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

It's a gorgeous view when the lake is still. Wonderful reflections and this is a good time of the year for that.

6. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

Hey John!

Happy anniversary! You reminded me I just celebrated my 4th anniversary, too! I joined just a coupla weeks before you did...18 days to be exact.

And, I lived in Monticello and Liberty up ("up" from Greenwood Lake anyway) in Sullivan County for six years in the mid-80s. I've got ya by a few years. I'll be 47 next March!

I agree with you about the learning experience. I've learned more about films, technology and the internet here than I ever would have imagined. I've made some cool 'net friends, too! [​IMG]