What's new

Today is going to be a long day... (1 Viewer)

Leo Kerr

Screenwriter
I'm finally retiring my 20" monitor as the heart of my home theatre.
UPS is scheduled to deliver my new Panny PT-LC75 (LCD front projector) this afternoon, and I suspect work is really going to drag...
More details after I get it up and running.
Leo Kerr
[email protected]

Leo Kerr

Screenwriter
It's a true XGA LCD projector (1024x768x3 panels) 1200 ANSI lumens. I haven't seen an ANSI contrast measurement; the full on/off is something like 400:1. (I'd guess that puts the ANSI contrast somewhere in the 200:1 - 250:1 range.)
More details later - I really need to get a flat screen for it. (The very short-throw lens makes for really interesting geometry, really fast.)
Also, I believe a gray-screen is a must.
Leo Kerr
[email protected]

Jay Sylvester

Supporting Actor
Congrats! As a recent projector buyer, I can tell you that watching movies on a regular TV becomes downright boring after seeing them take up your whole wall. A lot of people are very happy with the Panny too.
And you're right, a gray screen is usually the best solution for a digital projector. I'm waiting on samples from Stewart for their Grayhawk and Firehawk materials before I decide on the screen.
Enjoy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks