What's new

Today is gameday. Which one did you get? (1 Viewer)

Robert Burkes

Second Unit
There were several great games released today, and I (I'm sure I'm probably in the majority) can't afford all that I want. I'd like to get Metroid, Splinter Cell, and MK: DA, but I can only afford one for now. I've elected to get Metroid but am having second thoughts. I don't know if I should take it back to get Splinter Cell. I'm very indecisive. Anyhow, which game(s) did you guys get today? How is/are it/they? Later! Have fun!

Rob

CaptDS9E

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joey
I already bought Rocky this week and a bunch others the last few weeks so im goign to wait a bit to pick up some others.

Even though Id like to get

Xbox live
Mech Assault
Metroid

and so on

Chris Flynn

Second Unit
Well, I bit the bullet and bought all 3! Well, 2 (Metroid Prime & Splinter Cell) at the moment, the third (Mortal Kombat : Deadly Alliance) tonight hopefully.
Metroid Prime is an amazing game. They've completely nailed the adventuring and exploration aspects of previous Metroids merged with a FPS. It's not a blast-a-thon by any means though, and that's a good thing. Visuals and sounds are beyond excellent, and the control is good. It's taking me a while to get used to not having freelook available while moving, but I'm starting to get over it. I only played for about an hour this afternoon, but it was a good hour. :)
Splinter Cell is another awesome game. The visuals are beyond belief, and the overall stealth gameplay is phenomenal. I have to settle down before playing Splinter Cell, because I usually like to go in blasting the hell out of everything, and in this game I want to play as stealthily as possible. I've aleady rushed into situations where "guns blazing" isn't going to help me.
Definite GOTY for either of these games. I can't choose which I like better, mostly because they're so different.
I'll let you know about MK : DA later tonight (if I get my hands on it).

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor
None :frowning:
With Xmas around the corner (Metroid and Splinter Cell are on the list, among others) moneys a little tight and I gotta leave something for the family to get me - might as well be video games.
Besides, I'm still trying to finish Age of Mythology, Morrowind: Tribunal, and GTA: VC (yep, I'm a slow gamer!).
But damn, with all the Metroid stuff I've seen I really wish I could have picked it up today. XMas cant come quick enough.
JQ

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
I'm getting Metroid and SC this weekend. I don't know about MKDA; I'll wait for some glowing reviews first.

Philip_S

Stunt Coordinator
Last week I picked up Mechassault, RE:0, Smackdown:SYM.

Steel Battalion should be delivered tomorrow.

I'll pick up NHL2k3 & Mortal Kombat for Xbox, and Metroid later in the week. I'm also very tempted to pick up MotoGP.

Thankfully, December looks to be pretty slow except for a few imports.

Too many games, too little time to play

DwightK

Second Unit
Picked up MK: DA and a used copy of MotoGP today. Considering how much I love Live moto I find it strange that the retail hasn't seen my xobx yet. MK: DA has monopolized the day.
Oh well:D
darn : D anyways!

Scott "E"

Second Unit
I picked up Splinter Cell and Metroid Fusion today. I'll be picking up Metroid Prime tomorrow at Best Buy along with a GameCube for my nephews and niece, they've got a deal if you buy Prime and a GameCube you save $20. I'm also tempted to pick up MK DA as well and take advantage of the $10 gift card. Of course these games will probably be put to the side when I bring home Steel Battalion tomorrow. I plan on falling over for at least an hour :D

Leo_P

Second Unit
My bro went to Toys R Us and picked me copies of Splinter Cell and Ghost Recon!:D
The bad news is I'm not going to his place 'til next week.:frowning: But the good news is that gives me more time to play UC, MA and MGS2:S! :D
Yes, life is good!

Angel Pagan

Second Unit
Will pick up Metroid Prime tomorrow and either Mortal Kombat: Deadly Alliance or Sonic Mega Collection on Friday. If only I can find a review of MK: DA online. Chris, 2 questions:
1)Did you pick up a copy of MK: DA?
and
2)Where in da Bronx? :D

Masood Ali

Supporting Actor
I'm at OSU, so I know how you feel Jeff. Nevertheless, despite the fact that I said I was getting both games this weekend, Prime couldn't wait. I spent the last hour driving to and from Wallyworld...must play...gah!

Chris Flynn

Second Unit
Angel,
Yep I picked up MK : DA. My friend picked it up at an EB in Manhattan, not here in the Bronx.
If you meant where am I in the Bronx? Parkchester. :)
Today was a good, expensive day in video game history for me. I can't remember the last time I bought 3 games at one sitting. Let alone how much I've spent the past two weeks with Xbox Live stuff as well!

Kelley_B

Senior HTF Member
well i should have gotten Metroid today, but they ran out of copies at EB, why in the hell they didn't get enough in to even fill the preorders....well hopefully tomorrow.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Maybe Splinter Cell this weekend NHL2k3 and Jedi Knight should be coming from Preorders soon. I'm torn on Cell I have a Love/Hate relationship with Stealth Games I love to play them but the Frustrate the Hell out of me. I'm waiting to hear on the new Bond game I'm a sucker for Bond, infact i'm waiting on new stuff cause I gotta go see Die Another Day this weekend.

VinT

Agent
I am definetly buying Metroid Prime tomorrow. I can't decide to get Splinter Cell or 007 Nightfire with it. Plus I still haven't finished GTA:VC or RE0 yet.

Dan B

Screenwriter
I'll be picking up Metroid Prime tomorrow at Best Buy along with a GameCube for my nephews and niece, they've got a deal if you buy Prime and a GameCube you save $20
htf_images_smilies_yum.gif
Must...resist...buying a Gamecube...just to play Metroid...must...
I bought Splinter Cell today. Whoohee!
-Dan "whoever he is, he's dead now" B.

Robert Burkes

Second Unit
Well, I opened up Metroid and have been playing for the past hour or so. So far, I'm not too impressed. It just seems like all you do is shoot, run a ways, then shoot some more. I don't know... It seems too simple. Maybe this is because I'm only an hour into the game, but if it doesn't get better, it's going back for Splinter Cell. I'm glad everyone's had such a wonderful gaming Tuesday! Later, y'all!

Rob

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks