What's new

TODAY (3/28) ONLY - FROM THE EARTH TO THE MOON for $47 (1 Viewer)

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
Northamericandvd.com (out of Canada) has daily deals on box sets. A few weeks ago I bought the 4-disc box set of Tom Hanks' HBO mini-series FROM THE EARTH TO THE MOON when they had it for $47 plus shipping. TODAY ONLY they are repeating this sale. Most other online retailers charge $75 to $85 for this set.
They charge shipping per disc, which works out to $6 on this one. So it's $53 delivered. I got mine promptly, well-packed and in excellent new condition, only a few days after ordering. So I'd recommend them. This is the only thing I've ever bought from them (or any Canadian retailer).
Link Removed

Brian E

Screenwriter
$47 is a great price for this. I got it the day it came out and it's one of my favorites.

Matt Stryker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt
Awesome deal. The only TV series on DVD I've watched more than once (I've watched it 6 times in the 9 months I've had it; two of them non-stop 12 hour marathons). Its that good.

John Wilson

Supporting Actor
I received my 1st copy of this last Friday after a weeks wait due to no inventory. Then yesterday I received my second copy! The problem is that I only ordered 1 copy! I instantly emailed them and explained the situation. So far I have had no response. :frowning:
Has anyone else had to deal with returns from these guys? I hope I haven't opened a can of worms by going with these guys. A lower price just isn't worth it.

GlennH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Glenn
John, I haven't had to deal with them on a return, but it shouldn't be a problem.

The same thing happened to me with Amazon, who once sent me two copies of "Lawrence of Arabia" by mistake. I told them about it and they sent out a return label which I slapped right on the original box and dropped in the mail, no big problem.

In the end, as long as they didn't charge you twice the ball is in their court. If you try to inform them about it and they don't respond and make it easy for you to return that's their problem. Then you could just keep the second set, sell it or give it away. But I suspect they'll just send you a return label.

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I'm still waiting for my copy. Is there any way to check on order status at their website. I didn't see one. If there is one, please let me know.

John Wilson

Supporting Actor
As I was packing my duplicate set to return to these guys, it occured to me that maybe someone would like to buy this from me if they missed the 1-day sale. I know this isn't the Software for Sale section. But, if someone wants to buy this from me for $46.99 + $6 (what I paid) plus shipping, I would do that. I am getting fully reimbursed from Northamericandvd.com so I don't want to lose money here. :)
Please let me know this morning if you are interested in buying from me. Its still a good deal!:emoji_thumbsup:

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I finally got my copy on Saturday. I didn't receive an invoice so not sure of the exact cost, though. I assume it will be $52.99.

John Wilson

Supporting Actor
Sorry Wayne. I returned the set already. I hope I don't regret that as I'm not too impressed with my communications with this outfit. :frowning:
Hopefully they will credit my charge card correctly and promptly. I just got a call Friday from them responding to my initial call on Wednesday!:rolleyes

Keith M.

Second Unit
I tried to order "From the Earth..." from them at that price last year!!...

They waited for almost a month and then contacted me through email to tell me the distributor has dropped the title. My CC had already been charged and so I had to wait about a week to get a credit...

I would NEVER do business with them again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks