Toby Tyler - Never Mentioned????

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Wyatt_Y, Sep 4, 2004.

1. Wyatt_Y

Wyatt_Y Stunt Coordinator

Anyone ever hear anything about this OOP movie??? It seems to be fairly popular, but I've searched this forum and can't find any reference which seems odd given the variety of nondescript titles mentioned...???

"Toby Tyler" or "Ten Weeks With A Circus" ????

I've seen the VHS go for amazing prices on eBay...!!!
    Wyatt

2. Dick

Dick Producer
    Supporter

Rick
    Not yet released on DVD, or even announced. With Disney's massive catalog release schedule the past year or two, they are getting down there in terms of good unreleased titles, so I would not be surprised to see this, IN SEARCH OF THE CASTAWAYS, THE FIGHTING PRINCE OF DONEGAL, SWORD AND THE ROSE, etc. on next year's schedule. Hopefully all will be OAR.

3. Joe Caps

Joe Caps Screenwriter

Cute
    film - its on laserdisc.
    Surprised no talk of dvd yet, or for Summer Magic, In Search of the Castaways.

4. Ernest Rister

Ernest Rister Producer

Toby Tyler, or Ten Weeks With a Circus received very good reviews upon release. The New York Times praised it for its modety, and the Herald Tribune called it a "minor classic among children's movies". As was usual with Disney's polished little live-action gems, the film did not perform especially well, and was only a "modest success" (The Disney Films, 4th edition, pg. 167).

Personally, besides this title, I'm waiting for Third Man on the Moutain, Light in the Forest, Ken Annakin's The Story of Robin Hood and his Merrie Men, and So Dear to my Heart.