What's new

To whoever owns the rights: Addams Family TV show (1 Viewer)

Eugene Esterly

Supporting Actor
To whoever owns the rights, any chance that we will see the old Addams Family TV show on DVD (season-by-season format would be the best)

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
The original ADDAMS FAMILY (1964-66) is part of the Spelling Entertainment/World Vision library that was acquired awhile back by Paramount/Viacom. It may be temporarily in the hands of Artisan, or it may be completely in the hands of Paramount now, I'm not sure which. In either case, I too would like to see season sets of the series on Region 1 DVD (that would equal exactly two sets, an easily-to-accomplish goal, I'd think).
The original FUGITIVE (1963-67, starring David Janssen as "Dr. Richard Kimble") and THE WILD WILD WEST (1965-69) also fall into the same rights area (Paramount/Viacom -- possibly Artisan) as ADDAMS FAMILY, and I'd like to see those on DVD someday soon, too.
Perhaps someone here more knowledgeable than I on such things could give the final word on whether we should be asking Artisan for these, or Paramount.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks