To Warranty or not To Warranty theTosh 56H80?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Michael De Costa, Jun 5, 2001.

1. Michael De Costa

Michael De Costa Stunt Coordinator

I am taking the plunge and purchasing the Toshiba 56H80. My current dilemma is whether or not to purchase one of the additional warranty the store offers: 2 years- $269 3 years- $349 5 years $599. Should I take out an extended warranty? This can add to a significant cost to my purchase. Please advise. Thanks in advance for all those who reply.

2. Michael TLV

Michael TLV THX Video Instructor/Calibrator

Michael Chen
    Greetings
    considering that even one minor problem in say ... year 4 .. will run you $400 in repairs ... it may be worth considering.
    It's just insurance. They bet you won't need it, you bet that you might.
    Or you takes your chances.
    Regards
    ------------------
    Michael @ The Laser Video Experience

3. Jim Kirkman

Jim Kirkman Agent

Toshiba also offers an extended warranty plan that I believe is cheaper than what you listed. If you want such a plan, I would check out what Toshiba has to offer.
    Jim

4. Craig

Craig Second Unit

When I bought my TW56X81 you could buy the extended warranty directly from Toshiba anytime up to a year after purchase. The store might not have mentioned this (assuming Toshiba still offers this) in order to get you to purchase the store warranty.

5. JasonZ

JasonZ Agent

i bought the store's "performance package" when i bought my 40h80 only because i'd rather deal with a store that is right down the street (i can go and get in their face) rather than deal with toshiba on the phone (who are well known for poor customer service).