What's new

To Tom & Ron @ SVS (1 Viewer)

Jon_Liu

Stunt Coordinator
No Chaz,
See the difference between SVS and Microsoft is that SVS's products actually are proven to work AND last! hahaha :D But it will be interesting to see where their company is, and how incredibly well they are doing, down the road a few years! One thing is for sure, they already have me sold on getting another one of their subs down the line (sometime!), when time/money permits!!
Jon Liu

Dan Lindley

Second Unit
SVS Ron,

you might want to try selling T-shirts (mugs, etc)with your sig picture above, and maybe with the line below it, too. Not promising to buy one, but just proposing the idea.

Dan

BryanZ

Screenwriter
For me, customer service was one key factor in buying their sub. Well, that and I needed a new one. :D
Seriously, I think of SVS and subwoofers becomes a secondary product. Customer service is first and foremost. The number of times Tom has mentioned other alternatives to people is too numorous to mention. Same thing with Ron. These guys just want people to enjoy their HT, even if it isn't by buying one of their subs.
Erik, you the man!! The unsung hero of SVS. You may not get all the recognition or glory but we are truly thankful you are there! :emoji_thumbsup: :emoji_thumbsup:

GrantM

Stunt Coordinator
I can't really say anything that hasn't been said before, so I'll just summarize:
SVS ROCKS!!!!

I love my CS ultra. i never realized how much i was missing with my previous wimpy sub. i still get all warm and fuzzy whenever that beast lets loose with it's low frequency goodness.

Jon_Liu

Stunt Coordinator
Well, I've managed to do it this time...
To restate the obvious, this thing is huge but, it took a while for "The Lady of the House" to finally see it. But to say the least, she wasn't happy. Actually, to say the least, she was pissed beyond all reason. I get back from work this morning and she wakes up. As I sit there watching the morning news she exclaims, "What in THE hell is that in the corner!?"
Thinking to myself, I tried to think of what to say. Brilliant person that I am, I reply in a sarcastic tone, "What does it look like?"
She replies, "looks to me like your in big trouble..."
Needless to say, I felt sheepishly stupid. She insisted that I did not need another subwoofer and I kept insisting that I wouldn't be able to explain to her that this isn't an ordinary sub. Finally she had to leave, and she said, "Well, you do what you will and think what you think and I will always disagree."
"So does that mean I can keep it?" I ask.
She reluctantly replies, "Well it doesn't make sense to me to spend the money to ship it back 'cause I know the shipping price will cost a bundle as it is. And I have no clue to what the differences are so I'll have to trust you know what you are spending your money on..."
I grin as she walks into the garage and pulls out.
All in all, I think that went well. But that means I won't be able to get a second one any time soon. :frowning: Oh well, I will be happy with what I got!
For now!
Regards,
Jon

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Jon,

Following the dictum of "Forgiveness is easier to get than permission" I highly recommend:

1.) Wine
2.) Flowers
3.) Chocolate
4.) "Titanic" or some other movie she might like that has great LFE (Pearl Harbor if you really want to dig deep).

If she's a movie lover, you are there. If she won't set foot in there "cuz it's your room". Well, we probably have a storage room or something you can use for a few nights ;^)

I guess the interesting point here is it that it took like a week to notice it? Who says SVS's are "imposing". ;^)

Ron

Marcelo T

Stunt Coordinator
By the way, Ron, I laughed my ass off with that SVS animation. I must had watch it 10 times now.:D

Matt Meyer

Stunt Coordinator
I would like to through my 2 cents in here to, I to have had my 20-39+ for awhile and would have thought the thrill would have worn off by now but the smile is still there :D and continunes to get bigger with each new rockin' movie I find to play, for instance Blade2 which absolutly shook my house down to its foundation and even my wife added a few wows and that was cool comments. So I raise my pint glass and say CHEERS to the Sub-humans at SVS. Thank you for your great product and great service
Matt
SVS customer.

Jon_Liu

Stunt Coordinator
hmmm,

I worry more and more that I am offending my neighbors with my new sub. I just finished demoing Fight Club and I had the chance to walk outside my front door and go to the street to see how audible it was. I must say, it is a lot louder than I thought. Fight Club has some of the biggest hitting LFE lines that I've ever known. The scenes that really stick out in my mind are the Mid-Air and the final explosions. I remember for the collision I immediately turned to that chapter and didn't expect to be so hard hitting, but when it hit, I literally got blown back into my seat.

But with that said, I just wonder if there is actually a way to confine the sound more to just the theater area or is that near impossible? I know that low frequencies tend to travel a lot easier through the air, so should I expect to be able to do this or should I just start listening to my movies softer?

Jon

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
The incredible thing about SVS is the great service continues even after the sale. Case in point - a few months ago I purchased dual 20-39CS+ and a Samson S1000. My old 20-39CS and S700, now relegated to the corner, was listed in the HTF Hardware For Sale section.

I immediately received a reply to the post. The buyer wanted to know how much time was left on the warranty. For the life of me I could not remember so I emailed SVS. Keep in mind that SVS would make NO money from this sale! It was my old sub, I had already purchased and received the replacements. The response time was less than 60 minutes. They really do redefine the phrase "customer service" at SVS!

MarkHendrickson

Auditioning
We (and our house) had just recovered from the LOTR DVD premier when along came Blade 2. My wife is not a fan of vampires but the shaking of the utensils in the kitchen was sufficient for her to chance a peek during the opening sequences. Wow!

Yep, the twin 16-46CS+s are not her favorite pieces of furniture but now she is the one that will put on a favorite scene or two for the entertainment of our guests. A couple of these guests have succumbed to their "sub-human" urges and ordered SVS subs of their own. No amount of verbal description can match the first SVS movie experience.

Incidentally, good pipe organ recordings have produced some terrific smiles for those friends of ours that take the music experience very seriously.

SVS-Ron

Screenwriter
Jeff,

SVS has heard you. Andy Bell, (Nickelodeon animator and SVS customer recruited to draw our "Sub-human") provided us some materials that should allow us to do just that.

It'll still be several weeks probably (we hope to catch a few hours of sleep after the PC-Plus subs ship ;^) but I think it's safe to say the SVS Sub-Human will arrive on some cool "spiffs" in the near future.

Ron

Jim_C

Senior HTF Member
Well, I've already got one of the current SVS shirts. However, try as I might to wear it 7 days in a row my wife forces me to wash it. What does she expect me to wear in the meantime? Get your sleep Ron and then get to the silkscreen machine!

On a different note, I just picked up a pair of Klipsch Forte II's to replace my KG-4's. I thought the 4's blended well with my 20-39PCi but it's nothing compared to the Forte II's. It's a completely seamless transition from the Forte's to the SVS. I recently listened to a friends Paradigm sub with his Klipsch Chorus II's and as good as it sounded I could still pick out the sub in the room. My SVS is SO clean it just disappears then BAM, the mines of Moria hit and the SVS makes the floor shudder. An amazing product from an amazing company.

BTW, the friend with the Paradigm is getting in line for the PC+

Jeffrey Chin

Second Unit
I know this is off topic but appropriate:
LOST BUT NOT FORGOTTEN
The heroes of 9/11: one year later
In memory of those who we lost one yr ago today,
I compiled a desktop wallpaper (1024x768)
I made it grayscale so it won't clash w/ your icons
I also have it in color for a small fee (j/k, just email me)
http://www.geocities.com/chinje2000/jctribute.jpg
Enjoy,
-Jeff
P.S. Don't forget to check out
http://www.politicsandprotest.org

Lee Bailey

Second Unit
Real Name
Lee Bailey
Jon, your SVS can't be much worse than the guys driving down your street booming their car stereos. If you see people coming outside and looking around, then you may have some concerns. If they are good neighbors, you may want to invite them over for a 'movie night'. Of course, they may not want to leave! Luckily for me, my wife is a true BassHead, so the size of the SVS didn't even faze her. It actually blends in well, as most things do over time.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks