To those of you into Heavy Metal ...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Aurel Savin, Dec 17, 2001.

1. Aurel Savin

Aurel Savin Supporting Actor

We've lost a great pioneer this past week ... the great Chuck Schuldiner of the band DEATH.
    Those of you in the know of the extreme metal scene, have undoubtedly heard of him and his music as well as the influnce he had over todays bands.
    He passed away due to rare type of brain tumor with which he lived for the last year or so ... his fight was hard ...
    Head over to the official site at www.emptywords.org to leave a message in the memorial book.
    RIP ...

2. Robert Wainwright

Robert Wainwright Stunt Coordinator

I had not heard.

I've had the pleasure of knowing Chuck since `84. The first version of Death played it's first gig at a party I had at my house. Although Chuck and I didn't "hang" out, when we ran into each other, it always turned into a long catch-up conversation.

As a fellow musican, I can say, he truly enjoyed meeting fans. He wasn't in it for women like 90% of us. He seemed to me to be a reluctant and shy leader of a growing musical style. Heck, I really didn't even listen to Death Metal. That didn't matter, He was just Chuck.

He will be missed.

3. Artur Meinild

Artur Meinild Screenwriter

Big Kudos to Chuck and his band for inspiring thousands of musician all over the world, myself included!

May he rest in peace.