What's new

To the Sony outlet tomorrow, need a DVD/VCR (1 Viewer)

Mark Riley

Agent
I basically want a cheap one that does 5.1 stuff[most important](DTS and Dolby Digital I think) and then it has to be able to be my RF Modulator and TV Tuner like my current VCR is since my TV doesn't have anything besides Antenna In/Out Coaxial outlets. Since I'm going to a Sony Outlet, it would have to be Sony. I want it to also play SACD and DVD Audio[very important] and have Component ports in case I ever go HD in the future[only somewhat important]. Is this possible at all or am I asking for way too much. Does anyone know any models I should go for in order to get the best one I can for a relatively low price?

Philip Hamm

Senior HTF Member
You're asking for too much IMO. Good luck, the Sony outlets are very hit-or-miss. I used to live near one in Lancaster, I got a lot of great stuff from there, including a very nice ES casette deck with Dolby S, a pair of video sheilded tower speakers which I use with a prologic receiver (from the nearby Phillips Magnavox outlet) in my bedroom, a great 27" Trinitron that has stood up for a decade, and various MiniDisc gear. However, I've gone in many times and found nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks