To the Sony outlet tomorrow, need a DVD/VCR

Discussion in 'Playback Devices' started by Mark Riley, Jan 11, 2005.

1. Mark Riley

Mark Riley Agent

Jan 9, 2005
    I basically want a cheap one that does 5.1 stuff[most important](DTS and Dolby Digital I think) and then it has to be able to be my RF Modulator and TV Tuner like my current VCR is since my TV doesn't have anything besides Antenna In/Out Coaxial outlets. Since I'm going to a Sony Outlet, it would have to be Sony. I want it to also play SACD and DVD Audio[very important] and have Component ports in case I ever go HD in the future[only somewhat important]. Is this possible at all or am I asking for way too much. Does anyone know any models I should go for in order to get the best one I can for a relatively low price?
  2. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

Jan 23, 1999
    You're asking for too much IMO. Good luck, the Sony outlets are very hit-or-miss. I used to live near one in Lancaster, I got a lot of great stuff from there, including a very nice ES casette deck with Dolby S, a pair of video sheilded tower speakers which I use with a prologic receiver (from the nearby Phillips Magnavox outlet) in my bedroom, a great 27" Trinitron that has stood up for a decade, and various MiniDisc gear. However, I've gone in many times and found nothing.