What's new

to take or not to take UGHHH!? (1 Viewer)

CraigEG

Agent
O.K.

While I have always been a movie buff, I just boght my first HT system about a month and a half ago and I really love it. The problem is that I just recieved a job off that will require me to move around every two months for the next six months and then one more move after that. During that stint I will be living in a furnished apartment, but certainly with no HT! Now my experience form my college days (I just graduated) tells me that something usually gets broken during a move- that something was usually my computer monitor, though I suspect that may have been partialy a defect of my crappy HP monitor). Well my question is this? Do you guys think I should just leave everything at home until I have finally settled down in one place for good- that would be six months to a year? Or should I take it with me? I still have all my orignal boxes and packing material, so they would probably be transported in those, but I also figure that carrying all those boxes would probably make all of my moves two trippers... I just dont know, though as you can probably figure, I am leaning towards just taking everything with me form town to town and taking the risk... I cant imagine being without my HT fix for that long, especially since I am still Honeymooning with my system!! Give me your opinions??

PS each move would be about a two drive from the last place.

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
There is no question, 2 to 3 moves to better your life. 2 to 3 exta days out of that time to take what you enjoy most with you, hummm ghezz don't know. :D
Being that HT is important to you and you have all boxes, than it's 2 to 3 extra trips in 6-months to a year. It's a no brainer for me! ;) Take it with you. The boxes where designed for transport and the chance of breakage is small if you pack them back up factory "properly".
The most delicate pieces move inside the car or truck yourself. Also depending on how old things are, some may still carry the warranty. If not, grab some temp moving insurance ("full replacment coverage") to cover the damage if thats is a worry.
In the end it's your decesion, but if it were me in your spot given the information you gave, I'd start packing!
Good luck on what ever you choose.
Geoff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks