To Studios-Shows I Get Requests For

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Dorrie_W, Feb 9, 2005.

1. Dorrie_W

Dorrie_W Stunt Coordinator

Hi, if this post isn't in the right place, please move.

My name is Dorrie Williams-Wheeler. I am an author and entertainment journalist. I operate the websites http://www.imissthe80s.com an 80's pop culture site, http://www.thabiz.com an urban entertainment and celebrity interview site, and I also write for http://rapmusic.bellaonline.com and http://1980s.bellaonline.com .

I get a lot of mail needless to say. TV on DVD has grown in popularity over the past year. Most of the time when people ask me about a particular show I refer them to tvshowsondvd.com, a website I consider to be the #1 source for TV on DVD.

I debated writing this post, but since I had some free time....
    I just thought I would share the most frequent requests and inquiries that I receive. Some of these shows might be coming, I'm no release date expert, I'm just sharing-

From Thabiz.com-
    Amen
    Living Single
    Martin
    What's Happening NOW!
    That's My Mama
    New York Undercover
    The Jeffersons (future seasons are coming I'm aware of)

Imissthe80s Requests
    The Cosby Show (it's coming)
    Silver Spoons
    Small Wonder
    Facts of Life
    She's The Sheriff
    Rags To Riches
    Double Trouble
    Webster

That's all I can remember and find in my inbox, but these are shows I have had inquiries about more than 3 times. If I had to estimate the show I hear about the most it has got to be "Facts of Life" For both sites actually. I hear alot about "Living Single" too which surprises me since it's on in sydication in a lot of areas but I guess Kim Fields and the show has a lot of fans.

P.S. I personally would scoop up Facts of Life, but I also
    would like to see Mr. Belvedere.

I also get a lot of cartoon inquiries, the most cartoons I hear about are The Smurfs, The Snorks and alot of other cartoonns I can't remember
    [​IMG]

2. Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis Producer

Ditto on this, Dorrie [​IMG] We all go to this site daily (at least, I'd bet the "farm" that 99% if not 100 HTF'ers love our TV/DVD "mecca" of posts [​IMG]

I didn't see any of the ones that I'm waiting for on your list but there's a lot of releases that look to be released this year that have been mentioned on the pre-mentioned site. This is my list at the moment. Some of these have been mentioned as planned for release this year but a lot of them haven't been reported in the rumor mill yet.

My top 2:

Six Million Dollar Man (heard to be coming this year)
    Bionic Woman (same)

Then...

Addams Family
    Alias Smith & Jones
    BJ and the Bear
    Barney Miller S2
    Bewitched (heard to be coming this year)
    Big Valley
    Earth 2
    Eight Is Enough
    Family
    Flamingo Road
    Green Hornet (was released as a 1-2 ep previously?)
    Hill St. Blues
    Honey West
    How The West Was Won (mini-series)
    I Dream Of Jeannie (heard to be coming this year?)
    Invaders, The
    Knots Landing (only the 1st 2-3 seasons)
    Lois and Clark: The New Adventures Of Superman (heard to be coming this year)
    Mannix
    Mickey Spillane's Mike Hammer
    Mission: Impossible
    Rich Man Poor Man (mini-series)
    Rich Man Poor Man Book II (mini-series)
    Rockford Files, The
    Time Tunnel
    Vega$

I guess it's not hard to see that I'm one of the "'Boomer" generation ("baby-boomers") [​IMG]

3. Dorrie_W

Dorrie_W Stunt Coordinator

OH YEAH! I would love I Dream of Jeannie. I would like Bewitched too if it is reasonable. Your list has brought back memories. I would like to see the first season of Eight is Enough. That reminds me of another show, "Alice." I would like that show too. I used to love that show for some reason and I was like a little bitty kid walking around talking about "kiss my grits!"[​IMG]

4. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Bewitched is this summer to tie in with that new film, and Jeannie is now in 2006 to tie in with that new film.

I'd be shocked if Mission Impossible didn't make it out when the 3rd film hit.

Lois & Clark should be June, along with the George Reeves Adv/Supes.

Jeff covered the Bionic shows well enough: "supposedly" coming this year (my guess is late fall, if they don't get pushed to 2006...sorry, Jeff, but that IS a possibility because of the Jim Carrey SMDM film that's in-the-works).

No official word on Knots Landing, but someone made an unverifiable claim on another board that it would hit in August/Sept. along with Dallas S3. Noone at Warner has confirmed that to me, though.

On a related primetime soap issue, though, someone at Warner ought to get Flamingo Road out just in time to tie in with Anchor Bay's just-announced upcoming DVD of The Seduction. Morgan Fairchild fans would gladly pick up both! Anchor Bay hasn't announced a date yet, but whatever it turns out to be would be a great day for WB to release FR: the pilot telefilm and all 36 episodes in one big set! Just thinking out loud.

Hill Street Blues is possibly caught up in a "who really owns it?" issue that is known to affect "sister" show St. Elsewhere.

If the rumor I heard turns out to be true, soon there will be good news for Earth 2 fans (you heard it here first).

5. Scott Kimball

Scott Kimball Screenwriter

YESSS!!! I hope the rumor is true!

-Scott

6. Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis Producer

Hi, Dave [​IMG] Yeah, we're all crossing our fingers on the "bionic" forum sites about this one....we're only wanting that movie release to accelerate (with "bionic" speed [​IMG] ) the TV/DVD releases assuming the "tie-in" angle is correct.

Man, I find myself almost wishing that I'd never seen that "Coming to DVD in 2004" trailer on that Universal/NBC Promo DVD last fall that included the Bionic Woman clip [​IMG]
    I guess I'd have felt differently if the "hope" was only based on rumors without substance (ie actual "visual" indication of this series getting released, not to mention the news from Bill H's DigitalBits about the Universal VP saying "both Bionic Series are being prepared for DVD release in '05". Ohh... the pain in waiting....[​IMG]

It's sure made easier waiting though, with HTF and our "mecca" TSoD! [​IMG]

Great rumor about Earth 2 [​IMG]

7. todd s

todd s Lead Actor

I know my wife would be thrilled about a possible Knots release.

8. Tory

Tory -The Snappy Sneezer- -Red Huck-

Tory

I love those shows and would buy them. I'm glad to see more people liking Rags to Riches and She's the Sheriff. I hope there is some Charmings and Just the 10 of Us love there as well. I would imagine What's Happening Now would come after Season 3 of What's Happening. They always got paired up in syndicated reruns as one series so it would be natural to follow.

9. David_Blackwell

David_Blackwell Screenwriter

Earth 2 news soon (maybe)? I'm waiting to hear on this one.

10. Jeff Willis

Jeff Willis Producer

Keep thinking out loud, Dave L...that's what you're great at [​IMG] [​IMG]

I hope it happens. That series seems to me like it's one of the many "lost in the shuffle" ones...but then...I guess we were all surprised at the Hardy Boys/B.D. release (at least, I was..)