to put it this way, Mitsu WS-65411 vs. FPTV?...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Navid, Sep 28, 2002.

1. Navid

Navid Agent

Aug 21, 2002
    I am mainly watching DVDs. I think that I really prefer XGA or WXGA. If I am buying a RPTV, I am buying the Mitsubishi 65" Gold Plus 2003 model.

I still cannot decide on a good Front Projector and the correct screen to go with it.

A very popular choice seems to be the PT-AE100, but I am scared to buy it (WSVGA, old, discontinued)

Could even the PT-AE100 be better than a 2003 Mitsubishi Gold Plus RPTV??
  2. Bill Slack

Bill Slack Supporting Actor

Mar 16, 1999
    It's a compromise. The picture quality of the Mits will be superior in every way to the Panasonic. There won't be light control problems, and it will be a little easier to deal with for regular TV viewing.

But the Panasonic can give you a screen twice the size, and a real movie theater feel that the Mits can't do.

You could also get a nicer projector than the AE100 for the price (or maybe a little more) than the Mits would cost you, which would make the gap in picture quality smaller. Michael TLV owns a AE100 and seems to be quite pleased with it though.

Me? My next set will almost surely be an fixed-pixel digital front projector. Two years ago though, RPTV v. FPTV was a whole different ball game (heck, progressive scan players were new and expensive toys still!)