What's new

to port or to build a bigger box, that is the... (1 Viewer)

Geno

Supporting Actor
Alright, after some tests on my oscilat0r thru my sub, I get pretty balanced db levels from 30hz to 80hz but Iknow for sure I am losing out on the LOW LOW end. With a free air Fs of 26Hz, I know I can bring the db's of the lower tones higher with either building a bigger box or porting the one I have now [or bulding a bigger box AND porting it]

I guess I just wanted some outside opinions on this if anyone cared to help me out.

Alright I have a 128 liter box with 2 - 10" woofers installed in a sealed box. I have a stereo amp running each speaker at 120 watts RMS.

Sadly and luckily there is no WAF factor involved so I can always go sonotube :)...

please comment

geno

David Giesbrecht

Second Unit
Ported is probably the way to go for you because A larger box won't make much difference in the low low end. A larger sealed box is usually used to get better group delay numbers not deeper bass you would probably only gain 1-2 db's at 20 hz with larger sealed box.

With a free air Fs of 26Hz]
Also consider the QTS of the driver, it has an equal effect on the low end cut off as the FS does, most overlook this fact.

Ryan Schnacke

Supporting Actor
At 64 liters per woofer that's already a pretty big sealed box for 10 inch woofers. To really investigate this properly we'd like to know the T/S parameters of the woofers you're using. If you have them please post them. Otherwise maybe we could find them on the manufacturer's website ... if we knew what brand and model woofer.

IOW, more information is needed.

Geno

Supporting Actor
PS the weekend is here and I will be doing full tests and I will post results sunday or monday.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thinksinc
Recent bookmarks