To owners of current Pioneer Elite Receivers

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Ron Newsome, Nov 4, 2002.

1. Ron Newsome

Ron Newsome Stunt Coordinator

When I first got my receiver and ran the MCACC, I wasn't to happy with the overall sound. I had said in a previous post that the sound was loose and unfocused. I played around with the EQ settings, but to no avail I still couldn't get the sound right. Then something told me to check my speaker distance settings, and sure enough they were not accurate. So I manually changed to the correct distances and now all is just fine. Maybe I put to much trust in the MCACC.

Anyway I was wondering how many of you are getting the CORRECT speaker distances when done automatically on your receivers?

BTW: Speaker distances are the only problem I have with the Auto Surround Setup. Everything else comes out perfectly!

2. Dalton

Dalton Screenwriter

Dalton
    Ron,
    I had the same issue with the 45tx and had to change the speaker distance manually. Otherwise the MCACC is great! It is one thing i miss about the 45.

3. David Judah

David Judah Screenwriter

I found it to be very accurate in my room with the exception of the subwoofer. I even moved my speakers to less than optimal positions, just to test the efficacy of the MCACC, and it adjusted accordingly.

Someone, in another thread, mentioned that the actual measured distance and distance set by the MCACC could be different in some rooms because the auto-setup measures things acoustically.

In the end though, how it sounds to you at the different settings is what matters.

DJ