What's new

To Kill a Mockingbird SE on 09/06/05 (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert

I knew it wouldn't be long before somebody did, but I took that comment as just another press release goof by Universal.

Also, based on what Bill posted, the only features that are the same on this upcoming dvd release are the 2.0 DD audio, the 90 minute documentary and the great commentary by Mulligan and Pakula.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Hmmm. The DVD sounds like a Gregory Peck love fest. Nothing wrong with that though! :D

For some reason, I was hoping for a feature with Cameron Crowe.

streeter

Screenwriter
Real Name
Michael
Based on the specs released yesterday, is there any reason to keep the original DVD?

Gordon McMurphy

Senior HTF Member
Robert Crawford, wrote: I am sorry for being vague, it is a habit of mine! I was refering to the absence of the brilliant, 90-minute documentary that was on the original Field of Dreams DVD that is generally absent from the new SE, only being available via mail-order-offer from Best Buy, or some other horrendous American Corporation store. Mein Gott, what is the point in that, asks I?!

Terry H

Second Unit

Not that I can see. Sold mine a couple weeks ago for $45 but with this announcement I'm sure the market is rapidly drying up. :D

Todd Stout

Screenwriter
I have been wanting to see To Kill a Mockingbird for years (can you believe I have never seen it?) and now I guess I'll wait until Sepetember to pick up the new SE. Thanks to DVD, I have discovered many classic films that I probably would never have seen otherwise.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
"Mockingbird" 2-Disc SE Update ......

Cover Art available (below).

This SE comes under a new (?) Universal label -- "The Legacy Series".

According to DVD Empire, the original Mono track is not on here. The specs there show the two 5.1 tracks plus an English 2.0 Stereo, plus a French 2.0 Stereo. But not 1 "Mono" track listed.

I'm guessing this is an error, based on info presented earlier in this thread, which claims there are two "Mono" tracks on this (English & French).

I have to agree with some earlier posters re. the TOTAL WASTE of placing not one, but TWO, 5.1 Surround tracks on a dialogue-heavy, non-special-effects type of film like this.

Why on Earth would they put TWO 5.1 tracks on this film? A complete waste, similar to those "Enhanced 5.1 Tracks" I keep finding on old '50s TV-show releases put out by lesser-known companies. The "enhanced" audio on those discs sounds absolutely NO better than the original Mono would sound. Odd that anyone would even WANT to put such elaborate, discrete-channel tracks on such originally-Mono material. Never have figured that out.

Anyway, re. "TKAM" -- Empire is notorious for these "Audio" errors. I'm betting both of those "Stereos" should really say "Mono" (hope so).

Some Special Features details ----

>> Feature Length Documentary
>> A Conversation With Gregory Peck
>> Awards Footage
>> And More!

Amazon claims the new SE will also contain a "Replica Of Script".

http://www.dvdempire.com/Exec/v4_ite...item_id=692443

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...v=glance&s=dvd

Current edition cover on right..........

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
It's shocking that article failed to mention that her brother is filmmaker John Badham.

Crawdaddy

Dave Hahn

Premium
Real Name
Dave Hahn
To Kill a Mockingbird is my favorite movie of all time. The Sting is a very close second. Atticus Finch is my favorite film character, Gregory Peck is my favorite actor, and George Roy Hill is my favorite director. Needless to say I will be in heaven come September!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks