To go with the 4 year service plan or not?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Adam C., Jan 4, 2003.

1. Adam C.

Adam C. Stunt Coordinator

Sweet, now bestbuy.com is letting me order the VSXD811S (as in my previous post, they would not let you order this yesterday). Should I pay the extra $35 to get the 4 year service plan? Is it worth it? Thanks for any help.

2. Angelo.M

Angelo.M Producer

no

no

3. ThomasS

ThomasS Auditioning

Adam,

I am waiting for one of these to, they gave me a rain-check.

Did they say when they would have yours in?

The VSX-811S only come with a 1 year warranty, so $35 for a 4 year service plan isn't bad.

4. Christ Reynolds

Christ Reynolds Producer

CJ
    i would say no at first, but i'd be lying if i said the best buy psp's hadnt saved my ass a couple times. but i am a former employee, and i got them hugely discounted, i'm talking like $6 for a $59.99 service plan. although i had nothing to do with selling them, i was in mobile install, so i wasnt one of their sales cronies. i would say, if you have the extra cash, its not bad to have the peace of mind. if not, not a big deal, pioneers are nice units.

CJ

5. Jason GT

Jason GT Second Unit

Personally, I don't find these service plans to be anything other than profit for the retailer, but I might reconsider were it some really expensive item.
    How are you paying for your purchase? Some credit cards (well, at least in Canada) will extend warranty coverage by up to a year. It's not four years for $35, but it's an extra year for free. [​IMG]
    J