What's new

To Fox: _The Blue Max_ would be nice eventually. (1 Viewer)

Peter M Fitzgerald

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Fitzgerald
HEAVEN KNOWS MR. ALLISON being prepped for DVD! Splendid news indeed! A big *Thank You*, from one Peter to another. :)
"Ma'am...are you, uh, different from other nuns?" -Mr. Allison

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Thanks very much for the feedback. There are some fine titles in this thread that I look forward to adding to my collection. Now that many of the 'bigger' titles have been released, I suspect that the following years, as the studios mine their catalogs, will be my favorite DVD release years. I'm really looking forward to a number of Fox's catalog titles, not just in the war genre, eventually making their way to DVD.
Great news, in particular about The Enemy Below. ( A friend of mine at work who happens to be a war film buff and I mention this title on a regular basis... When the heck is this film being released on DVD? ) He'll be very happy to hear that this title is forthcoming. Ring up two more sales. :)
- Walter.

Jay E

Senior HTF Member
Great news on Heaven Knows Mr Allison. I'm a big Mitchum fan so this is a must buy for me.
Now, if Fox could turn their attention to their Film Noirs, I would go from overjoyed to ecstatic.

RichWright

Auditioning
Dear 20th Century Fox,

I was just at Costco and noticed several Fox titles for old war films as part of your "War Classics" Series. Some are certainly classics, some not so (I bought, "Guadalcanal Diary" - an excellent and accurate film.)

I see that there are several titles in this series, and would therefore like to ask that if you can justify the expense to release "The Shores of Tripoli," then you should certainly be able to also justify the release of, "THE HUNTERS," a FAR better and much more marketable classic war film.

Please bring "The Hunters" to DVD as part of your "War Classics" Series. I KNOW it will be a big seller for you - certainly more so than the mediocre "The Shores of Tripoli."

Sincerely,

Richard M. Wright

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I would not mind seeing a wide screen "The Man Who Never Was" added to the Fox War series.

Joe Caps

Senior HTF Member
Another great Fox fities war film is the 1958 In Love and war with Robert Wagner. Please release this letterbox with the stereo track (some transfers on AMC etc havethis in stereo and some in mono)

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
A heads up for fans of "The Hunters"! The Fox Movie channel will be showing this film in Letterbox form on the following dates:
1. July 8, 2002
2. July 9, 2002

I'll have my VCR ready to tape.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks