To fellow Extreme G Racers

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Donnie Eldridge, Jan 3, 2002.

1. Donnie Eldridge

Donnie Eldridge Supporting Actor

I'm currently on the last track of the 1000-G class. Is it possible to get 1st place without purchasing any upgrades? Up until now I've been able to get 1st in every class and race without any upgrades?

2. Scott L

Scott L Producer

WITHOUT any upgrades??? Yeesh.. I always upgraded my engine whenever I could. I didn't think it was possible to get that far with the 450G (or below) class engine.

Are you just doing this to test your skillz? Once I beat it, I just tried all those wacky codes for some extra replay value, but haven't really touched the game since.

3. Donnie Eldridge

I wasn't really trying to test my skills. Though it did take a few times on certain tracks to come in 1st. I just want to see if some better upgrades will be available. I would hate to purchase something only to have something else better appear.

4. Jason Merrick

Jason Merrick Supporting Actor

Jason Merrick
    Are you guys playing this game on the PS2 or Gamecube? My son really wants this game for Gamecube. I worry that it will be like so many past "futuristic racer" type games and have zero replay. Any thoughts?

5. Donnie Eldridge

I'm playing it on the GameCube. I think it's definitely a fun game. As for replay value, there aren't a whole lot of things to unlock and the overall game length is short. I was able to almost finish the entire game in one day. If I didn't want to play Rogue Leader so bad I would have. It's good for a quick fix. You may want to rent it first.