1. We suffered a brief outage this morning when our host noticed that HTF needed to be moved to a different server due to a hardware failure. That work is now complete. Please post in the feedback area if you have any issues.
    Dismiss Notice

To extend the warranty or not.... (and a gaming question)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John-Miles, Jun 27, 2002.

1. John-Miles

John-Miles Screenwriter

I plan on picking up the Toshiba 36-HFX71 in a few weeks, and I am wondering what the opinion is regarding extended warranty, it currently has a 2 year warranty off the shelf (i live in Canada so i believe its longer then it would be in thestates) and well I am of the opinion that this is a long enough warranty time to catch any manufacturing defects. But I would like to hear other opinions is it worth it to extend the warranty? or perhaps I should just look into extending the warranty at a later date before the origional warrany is up (many stores will usually give you this option)

as well I have read things on this forum that seem to suggest that either the PS2 or X-box or both are progressive scan for gaming or dvd's or both? can someone clatify this for me.

2. Jeff_Sm

Jeff_Sm Auditioning

Hey John,

Neither the xbox or PS2 has the ability to display 480p(progressive scan) for movies. Xbox does have the ability to progressive scan games though. Also a good number of xbox games have 5.1 audio if that is of interest. Both are good systems for games and as a dvd player.

3. John-Miles

John-Miles Screenwriter

Thanks Jeff.

Does anyone have an opinion on the extended warranty?

4. Mary M S

Mary M S Screenwriter