1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

To extend the warranty or not.... (and a gaming question)

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by John-Miles, Jun 27, 2002.

1. John-Miles

John-Miles Screenwriter

I plan on picking up the Toshiba 36-HFX71 in a few weeks, and I am wondering what the opinion is regarding extended warranty, it currently has a 2 year warranty off the shelf (i live in Canada so i believe its longer then it would be in thestates) and well I am of the opinion that this is a long enough warranty time to catch any manufacturing defects. But I would like to hear other opinions is it worth it to extend the warranty? or perhaps I should just look into extending the warranty at a later date before the origional warrany is up (many stores will usually give you this option)

as well I have read things on this forum that seem to suggest that either the PS2 or X-box or both are progressive scan for gaming or dvd's or both? can someone clatify this for me.

2. Jeff_Sm

Jeff_Sm Auditioning

Hey John,

Neither the xbox or PS2 has the ability to display 480p(progressive scan) for movies. Xbox does have the ability to progressive scan games though. Also a good number of xbox games have 5.1 audio if that is of interest. Both are good systems for games and as a dvd player.

3. John-Miles

John-Miles Screenwriter

Thanks Jeff.

Does anyone have an opinion on the extended warranty?

4. Mary M S

Mary M S Screenwriter