To Disney, release the Disney Afternoon collection

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Kenneth Cummings, Aug 8, 2001.

1. Kenneth Cummings

Kenneth Cummings Supporting Actor

If you never heard of this afternoon show, then your probably too young to remember it. A while back in the earlier nineties, Disney has a group of shows that would air back to back based on popular movies they made or etc.
    If Disney does release this, it would be nice to see a theme boxed set for each show, like for Darkwing Duck, Aladdin, Duck Tales, Tail Spin, Chip and Dale, and etc. These shows were great and very funny and would be worth showing to your kids who don't get Toons Disney, a cable channel.
    ------------------

2. Kenneth Cummings

Come on, this series is worth it on DVD.
    ------------------

3. LukeB

LukeB Cinematographer

Too young to remember it? [​IMG] I think you meant too old, nevertheless, I loved the entire lineup of Disney Afternoon, but I HIGHLY DOUBT we'll ever see even an episode of Darkwing Duck or Duck Tales or Tale Spin or Spin City or City Guys or (2) Guys and a Girl...on DVD.
    [Edited last by LukeB on August 09, 2001 at 08:17 PM]

4. John Berggren

John Berggren Producer

I would buy just one of these series. If "Ducktales" was released in season boxed sets, I would be first in line. Come on, there must be more people like me out there... [​IMG]
    ------------------
    Rationality is not a commodity which is evenly distributed.
    Save Stargate SG-1 Season 6
    View SpaceDog's DVD Collection

5. BradC

BradC Extra

Any of these series would make for fantastic DVD releases. I especially was a fan of Duck Tales and Tail Spin in regards to the afternoon lineup. If Disney were to release these shows in season collections I would purchase in a heartbeat. Let's not forget about the ultimate Disney cartoon series, the Gummi Bears! Tremendous stuff.

6. Kenneth Cummings

So far it doing pretty good, but it not enough. We have to let them know that we want these shows on the perment casting of DVD so we can watch it with are grandchild instead of pulling out some dead tape that once held the show. I'm now going to put this thread in my signture for easier finding on others. Even if you never seem the shows please sign for it one step on the road of getting these made.
    ------------------
    "Muk it up"

7. Adam_S

Adam_S Producer

Adam_S
    I'd buy all the diney afternoon shows in season sets. Definitly would buy Ducktales. Come on these shows were great! release em on dvd!!!

8. Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises Lead Actor

If the Disney Afternoon cartoons are anything like the other great cartoon series, the reels are probably rotting somewhere in some forgotten vault next to Walt Disney's body. Now everybody look sad and say D'oh.
    ------------------
    "I don't know, Marge. Trying is the first step towards failure." - Homer J. Simpson

9. Edwin-S

Edwin-S Producer
    Supporter

I would go for the "Tale Spin" series. I found that one the best written of the lot. "Duck Tales"...ehhh..soso...I didn't care much for how they handled one of Carl Barks classic WDC&S stories. For those who don't know, Carl Barks was the writer-artist for a lot of the best stories in "Walt Disney Comics and Stories". He was referred to as "The Good Artist" and it was well deserved.
    ------------------