What's new

To Canadians on cable (1 Viewer)

MikeFR

Supporting Actor
After CSI last week Im getting pretty pissed off with this practice. You know how if a Canadian network is carying a show from a US network(As in Global picking up Without a Trace from CBS) they have the option of overriding the American feed with their own. So on CBS you get the Global feed with the Global commercials etc...
Well last week the last minute of CSI got cut off on CBS because Global picked up Without a Trace before CSI was over :angry: Usually we just end up missing the preview of next weeks episode, but this time I missed the end to one of the best CSI's ever.
So I would like to know who do WE(their must be someone else out their who gets pissed off at this), rant to? Shaw Cable, Global TV, the useless CRTC?
Im mad and I need to rant :angry:

Gui A

Supporting Actor
I'd start off with the cable co. As far as I know, things like that are done on an automatic timer in the control room. But some networks are off by a minute or two. So while it was 11 PM in Without a Trace land, it was still 1058 in CSI land.
Though now that I think about it... it may be a Global thing. But start with Shaw. See if you can get a Global contact out of them...
Also, try to see if you can get the Time Shifting option. There's no simulcasting there. I'm watching the CBS west (kiro7) feed with original American ads. Being in BC, you'd get to watch some things 3 hours early. Also, some blacked out sports games get broadcast on out of market networks, so that's another plus.
I'm a night owl, so I like to watch things 3 hours late. Now if they would only get a Hawaii feed. Then I'd be set. :)

Andrew Chong

Supporting Actor
Funny. I experienced something similar, though to a much greater degree yesterday on StarTV. During their day-delayed rebroadcast of Late Night with Conan O'Brien, they faded to commercials twice: once just as Conan was starting his Halloween Photos bit and a second time in the middle of Eric McCormack's interview.

I believe it had something to do with an incorrectly set timer for those two segments and instead of ending at 6:50, the show ended at 6:40.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks