What's new

To buy, or not to buy? Married.... on DVD. (1 Viewer)

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
These Single DVD releases have been calling to me every time I go to the store. I'm just itching to pick them up, but since there's no news on a third volume, I just have this feeling that box sets will soon be announced. Normally this happens as soon as I buy the stand alones..

Anyone hear anything about box sets recently?

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Sorry, I haven't heard anything yet.

You can bet your Bundy that if I had heard, I'd be posting it here and dancing around the room naked! :D

I got each of the Best-Of's on street date. I needed a fix... They were wonderful!

Steve_Knutzen

Screenwriter
Resist Neil. Best-of's are evil. We must believe that CTHE will someday see the light and put out seasons.
*Toilet flushes*
Long live the Bundys!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
Best-of's are no buy...period. :thumbsdown:

Counting blessings once again that I don't live next door to the Lamberts. *shudder*

j/k :D

Scott_J

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott
I pre-ordered the first volume because it was a decent collection of episodes, and the included "lost episode" was the only episode of the series I had never seen, and I wanted to see what the big deal was. I didn't regret buying it but would LOVE season set releases.

As for the second release, I have been thinking about getting it since it was released but have held back because it's a rather poor set of episodes IMO, with just the Kelly becoming a weathergirl episode being the one I wanted. However, after reading the following at the alt.tv.mwc newsgroup over the weekend, I will NOT be buying the second volume, and recommend you pass as well, Neil.
Anyone who bought this DVD unhappy due to the fact that "If Al Had a Hammer" is
an exact copy off of the syndication package. Complete from the TV-PG logo on
the corner to the syndicated opening credits to the commericial break spot fade
to black after 2 minutes of the episode.

I am extremely pissed off to say the least as the DVD cost me $15 and as a fan
I bought it, I expected better than this.
{bold added by me to emphasize the post's point)
http://groups.google.com/groups?dq=&...TF-8%26hl%3Den
If they're giving us "Best Ofs" instead of seasons, the least they can do is give us the full episodes. The disc even has the TV-PG logo at the beginning! WTF is that?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks