What's new

To Amp or preamplify (1 Viewer)

Hi-Fi Junkie

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike
Hey all new to the forums and first post.
So am looking for advice on setting up speakers into an amplifier.

I have a home there setup 5.2, my setup is
2 front speakers 2 rear and 1 center channel.
Am looking to add in 2 additional front speakers for a speaker total of 6. Should I use a multichannel amplifier like a Pyle 8000 for my home theater so I have all six working at the same time?

Thanks for reading and looking forward to your response.

Mike

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
I'm not completely understanding what you're trying to do. I'm guessing your current receiver has line-outs and you're thinking of using that with an external amp. It might be best if you mentioned what amp/receiver and speakers you have.

Hi-Fi Junkie

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike
Hi AI. I have a Denon AVR-S540BT Receiver, 5.2 config. With surround sound that is setup two front shelf speakers, two shelf rear speakers and a center channel. I am looking to add two tower klh speakers, but the dennon doesnt have a separate front speaker connection. So I wanted to find out if I can add in an amplifier and take all my speakers to the amplifier. Am looking at a Pyle pt8000 8 channel amp to possibly to what I'd like to do. So in reality I'll have 4-front speakers and 2-rear speakers and 1-center.

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Not possible with that receiver. It doesn't have preamp outputs. I think the X1500 (off the top of my head) is the lowest model which has that. Besides, I suspect Al has the same question I have. Why do you want to do this? Duplicating channels with more speakers doesn't tend to accomplish anything.

Hi-Fi Junkie

Auditioning
Real Name
Mike
Hi john. Appreciate the info. I was looking to add more sound, not that it doesnt sound good already. I dont have allot of funds to really setup a really good hi-fi system unfortunately. I'll just keep what I have.

Thanks again for your response

Mike

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks